Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL350 BlueTEC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-benz Gl-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:

GL-350 - Worst Can of my life !
By deninfiniti

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Let me start off by saying that when I test drove my 2010 GL-350 I fell in love with it. The engine was smooth, transmission great and interior quality was fantastic, so I went ahead and purchased it. Despite having 90k miles on it (I have had diesels before and run them until 150k easily and know they can go much higher so the miles didn't worry me) I thought it was as sound decision as I have also had 2 Mercedes before and loved them. Well after 4 Check engine lights (Blue Tech low, Fuel line break, Blue Tech heater replacement and an O-ring failure on the turbo) and over $3000 in 4 months I finally traded it in for a new Japanese car. My advice, DO NOT buy and older Mercedes !

Favorite Features

Engine smoothness, Interior, Size, MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Quality of components to improve longevity. I even test drove an 2010 ML-350 as a potential replacement and the Check Engine Light came on, that really put me off Mercedes for life !!

A Diesel All the Way
By Sawjai

Have taken vehicle on two long haul trips. One to Vancouver and one to LA and averaged over 25 mpg. The 600 mile range at least for me is more like 700 to 800 miles when driving less aggressively. LA trip hauled enough stuff for 4 adults and a newborn and everyone was comfortable. I wish that the rear two rows had legroom adjustments, but there is still a lot for a 3 row SUV. Power is excellent for passing, could use more off the line go power. The brakes have an initial feel of mush, but the stopping power is excellent. Saved me a few times, but didn't save the guy that rear-ended me. Built like a tank, little to no damage to my vehicle bumper, but totaled front panel of rear car.

Favorite Features

Keyless Go, Power Rear Seats, Parktronic helps (wish for better indicators), Voice Command for Nav

Suggested Improvements

Navigation System (Touchscreen and Data Entry, Voice command good, but sometimes need to key in because of baby sleeping), Larger Side Mirrors, More Space behind 3rd row when up, Rear-Seat Entertainment controls without having to use remote.

Diesel Fun
By Kenneth Miller

I always wanted a turbo-diesel and the solid MB 350 Bluetec is an ideal vehicle for hauling people or material. Mileage is better than advertised and features are terrific. The deal I received was great and we really enjoy this terrific SUV, made in Alabama.

Favorite Features

No key required to start, stop or open. Voice command for navigation, radio, etc. is a nice feature and back-up camera is really good. Parktronic helps with parking with lights and sound.

Suggested Improvements

More power and an eight-speed automatic.

Excellent SUV
By Jon

Have over 3000miles and love this SUV. The bluetec diesel is just amazing. Power/torque and smoothness combination is addicting. Averaging 26mpg combined. Just came back from a trip to Lake Tahoe. SUV felt very strong and stable at high altitude and temperature in the teens. Interior is also excellent except for the 2nd row seats. They should slide and recline like those in R350.

Favorite Features

Bluetec Diesel engine. Navigation system. P1 package.

Suggested Improvements

Adopt the 2nd and 3rd seating layout from R-series.

Best Car owned
By Carlos

We own a 2009 SL and now the new 2010 GL Bluetec. This SUV has many of the excellent quality features of the SL. Get the P2 package ! You really want keyless start and HK sound system. In City the car is actually more fuel efficient than reported 21-22 miles per gallon and 22- 24 on Highway. This is the best SUV on the market !

Favorite Features

Very safe, very comfortable, quite interior. Fast and powerful.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation system voice system is complicated.