2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:
The worst car I have ever owned.
By cm8112 on 06/06/14 12:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

We purchased a brand new 2010 Mercedes-Benz GL450. Fully Loaded, including entertainment and towing packages. In January 2014 our problems started. The car had just a little over 60K miles. Airmatics were gone, one after another within days. One of them even blew up. 4 Electrical problems, including radio, and door locks. All repairs costed more than $4,500 within 6 months, and it continued until we had enough. It just started to fall apart after 60K miles. I gave it away for $26K. Lost almost 50 grand in 4 years. I was lucky with that history of repairs. Do yourself a favor get a Japanese car. Our time, hard earned money and peace of mind are valuable. Stay away of this car and brand.

A Diesel All the Way
By Sawjai on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL350 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Have taken vehicle on two long haul trips. One to Vancouver and one to LA and averaged over 25 mpg. The 600 mile range at least for me is more like 700 to 800 miles when driving less aggressively. LA trip hauled enough stuff for 4 adults and a newborn and everyone was comfortable. I wish that the rear two rows had legroom adjustments, but there is still a lot for a 3 row SUV. Power is excellent for passing, could use more off the line go power. The brakes have an initial feel of mush, but the stopping power is excellent. Saved me a few times, but didn't save the guy that rear-ended me. Built like a tank, little to no damage to my vehicle bumper, but totaled front panel of rear car.

Diesel Fun
By Kenneth Miller on 07/20/10 13:06 PM (PDT)

I always wanted a turbo-diesel and the solid MB 350 Bluetec is an ideal vehicle for hauling people or material. Mileage is better than advertised and features are terrific. The deal I received was great and we really enjoy this terrific SUV, made in Alabama.

Great SUV
By mike on 06/11/10 20:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Better than Cadillac Escalade I had. Rides and handles way better. Easy to drive and get in and out. Easier to load cargo in rear too.

Flawless
By Tom Smith on 06/06/10 06:27 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This car is simply flawless. I have yet to find fault with it-The seats are wonderful, the ride is excellent, and the handling is amazing for such a large SUV. Test drove Q7, R Class, Escalade, Escalade ESV, and QX, only the ESV had a roomier third row, and the q7's 3rd row was smaller then my wife's BMW x3. The Escalade's dash was a little nicer but it looked to flashy and no fold flat third row. The heated and cooled cup holders were very nice though and wish this car had them.Overall this car is perfect, and would highly recommend to anyone with a large family. Its served mine of 7 and 2 dogs very well, so well in fact I'm selling my wife's x3 for one of these. Will be buying 2 more in a year.

Amazing Car
By Bob Whalen on 05/23/10 14:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

At first I thought transferring from an Escalade to a 550 would be dumb, but i am wrong. The fold flat third row is a charm and it handles way better. Way more roomy third row. The only thing I miss is the heated and cooled cup holders.

Not an SUV guy and I LOVE it!
By Ernie on 04/29/10 12:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This was to be my wife's car, as I have my BMW 650 - yes, quite a contrast in style to my demise. Great driving car, roomy, responsive and OK - I can open up the Sun roof to get that convertible feel, as I do on my 650.

I love it!
By George on 03/06/10 10:29 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I sold my Acura, I got this GL550, I have to say I love it! I only miss the Navigation from my MDX, it is more powerful and intuitive. I love the ride, I am surprise it feels like a sedan car, even when I tested it at 100 mph.. NICE Enough space in the third row for adults, great features, great ride..and other people comment on how beautiful it is..

550 GL
By WBL on 02/09/10 10:57 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have had the GL 550 for a week and can say it is the finest SUV I have driven. I had two GL 450s prior to this auto. It is much more powerful and comfortable to drive than any other SUV I have owned including Range Rover HSE.

great suv
By mike on 01/18/10 19:05 PM (PST)

smooth ride ,handling , 3rd row power fold seats.engine power is smooth

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class in VA is:

$166 per month*