small things make a difference
By Brian S on
2009 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL320 BlueTEC 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)
Always comes down to the little things. Outside mirrors are too small for this vehicle. Console armrest does not adjust up and down? Getting to third row not very "easy". Do this while its pouring down rain! Comand can be ( and should be ) much easier to use. Ok I admit my bias here. If Audi had more room in the back of the Q7 I would be driving that instead. Their vehicles are just more detailed and thought out. This is my first trip back to MB in 5 years. Not bad, just not as good as Mercedes should be. Love the diesel. Smooth, quiet, plenty of power for what I need and great fuel mileage. Got talked into the MB Tex interior. Should have gotten leather. Like the pwr up/down 3rd row seats.
Favorite Features
Power third row seats. Power quarter vent windows. Keyless start on/off. Ride quality. Diesel power
Suggested Improvements
larger outside mirrors. Adjustable center armrest. Removable DVD screens. (functional but ugly) Cannot you brilliant German engineers come up with brakes that don't make your cars wheels look black a day after you wash it??