GL450 Falling apart at 65K miles
By beachbenz on
2009 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)
I've got a 2009 GL450 with 65K miles. My wife drives it for light suburban driving only. In general, we like the vehicle, but it has been in the shop at least every three months. We are now out of warranty and have had a flood of issues in the past month. Three weeks ago the driver-side door lock mechanism went out. The audio (radio, phone, everything) went out last week and the system needed to be reset. This week, both front struts went out and nearly killed her (car was out of control). The bill for the struts and the doorlock is $5K, but the dealer offered to pick-up some of the tab. I've owned a lot of new mercedes, but won't buy another one.
By lvaughnr
on 03/30/13 08:48 AM (PDT)

Got a 2009 GL450, P2 with 56,000 miles on it. The driver side door lock stopped functioning a few weeks ago. I now have to manually lock/unlock the driver side door by pushing down, pulling up the door lock pin. When I get some time - I will take it into the dealership for repair (its out of warranty of course). Anyone else have similar problems?