Need a Slush Fund to own this one!
By GL320 Owner on
2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)
CONS: A MB service tech told me 18 months after I purchased my GL320 that you need a slush fund keep this car on the road, addition to the already known cost due to regular service maintenance. Oh...how he was right! I have had the air-suspension module replaced twice. Tires-they are only good for 20-30,000 miles and at $1200 for a set of four it gets expensive, and let me just add there are only two tires to pick from-the Continentals and the Pirelli’s. Windshield-twice now at $989.00. I love the Bluetooth while driving, however it disconnects when the car is turned off and the door is opened. Then you can’t use your phone for about another 5 mins while it’s still disconnecting.
Favorite Features
PROS: I’ve owned her now for 2 years, she has 70,000 miles and I still love this car despite these issues.I love the ride, lots of interior room and I get better fuel mileage that was stated!
Suggested Improvements
Tire manufactures should make a better and longer lasting tire. The current V rated tire isn't needed on this vehicle, I don't know anyone what would drive over 120 mph in any SUV.