2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Consumer Review: It's OK

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Diesel - Consumer Review

It's OK
By It's OK. on

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I've had the wagon for about six months now and it's a good car. I haven't had any problems to speak of. The seats are firm, but not the most comfortable, I could drag a house down the street with this thing, but won't any races, and my mileage is excellent (avg. 21mpg hwy/cty), all typical of a diesel. That said, everything electric about it is inferior to the domestic wagons. The power lift- gate is slow and doesn't always close, the nav. is a pain to use and slow in responding, the rain sensing wipers typically do what they want, even on a sunny day, and the front parking "see dead people" and want to warn me about it. If you're thinking about a 4wd wagon, check out the Flex, cool & cheap.

Sirius/XM radio, windshield washer button, front ambient lighting, the sound of the diesel engine when you punch it, the red button that sometimes closes the lift-gate, the sound of the nav. in Spanish, the white stitching on the black leather interior & dash, big brake pedal, excellent high beams

Quit letting the Germans pick the seat comfort. Why can't we have the base model like the rest of the world? Go back to the mechanical shifter in the center console. I miss the hood ornament, bring that back along with the 80's style driver headrests. Bigger rearview mirrors. Huge blind spots.