Best for tall people
By Tall One on
2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)
Finally a vehicle for folks over 6'3" tall.I am 6'8" tall and this is the only vehicle that even came close to comfortable all things considered. No sedan was even close. Great mileage and is the fastest vehicle 0-60 that I or any of my friends have ever seen. 20K miles so far. Tires are still good.Only problem was a fuel sensor to replace. We are leasing this one. Plan to buy a 2010 with P2 package. The gas version leaves the diesel version in the dust {respectfully]Power lift gate is great for wife.
Favorite Features
HK sound, handles great on the BR parkway. Great mileage for weight and HP. Rear camera comes in handy. Heated seats are great on cold days. Very quiet. Only difference between 30- 120mph is things go by faster. Highway patrol can't touch this.
Suggested Improvements
More up to date Nav, who needs a cd player with sat radio. Wish options were more a la carte. Can't understand why front brake dust is terrible, but rear ones stay clean. Keyless go will be on our next one. Thanks MB. No American suv even comes close to the Gl. I have been a Ford man till now.