2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 7-speed Automatic Consumer Review - A Good but not Perfect

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class - Consumer Review

GL320 CDI 4dr SUV (3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel AWD 7-speed Automatic)

A Good but not Perfect SUV
By steveman on

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I've had 26 months to live with the truck. Best SUV yet, with my 2001 Denali being a very close 2nd. Friends don't all agree. Real 3rd row is great. I don't quite agree with other posts though, about how good this vehicle is in ice, mud, and snow. Could be I'm not using the settings properly, but with all the snow this winter, did not feel confident in real bad weather. Although I'm at almost 28K with the original Michelin's, it is appalling that they're about gone. It is expensive to maintain. The 20K service is more than an S550's major service. I checked. That is absurd for a diesel, and MB should be ashamed of themselves for that. For the record, I got bluetooth mod for free.

Favorite Features

Torque, 7-speed transmission and I'm fine with it's location. Quality of the interior bits, real 3rd row, Sirius option with a better than average factory HK system. Bluetooth that will disconnect immediately as long as you re-boot your phone when leaving the car. I heard the complaints. Legroom F

Suggested Improvements

MB, get real with the service. Should never be more than $100, ever! WAY better wear with tires. Niggling warranty repairs, which would scare me to keep it past 4 years. Any yes, like almost everyone else, the side mirror sizes are just stupid. One friend comments, What does MB classify this car?