2013 has been a Very Bad Year.
By cc57 on
2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)
Purchased new, our 2008 GL320 has been eating us out of house and home in 2013. Since it hit 80,000 miles, we've had multiple, expensive repairs with each being about $1,500 to $1,800. In this order, left front air strut replaced, turbocharger replaced, fuel pump replaced, right front air strut and air compensator valve replaced. Both the turbo and fuel pump failures left us stranded and required towing it to the dealer. Unfortunately, we did not purchase the extended warranty as I thought that a diesel would be bulletproof. Obviously, I was very wrong.
Favorite Features
Fuel mileage, comfort, third row seat, safety.
Suggested Improvements
Durability of major mechanical components and body trim.
By 280slbuff
on 05/19/14 12:51 PM (PDT)

I have a 2008 GL320cdi (bought at 57000 miles in 2010) sight unseen and have doubled the mileage since. Aside from regular maintenance I have replaced back shocks, exhaust sensor and intake air sensor with total cost under $3000.00. The vehicle needed an alignment badly when I purchased it ($140). Small power steering leak was sealed with Lucas product - saved $600 repair bill for new seals. I drive very conservatively - at 115,000 miles still have original brake pads - fuel mileage frequently exceeds EPA estimates by 5-10%. I am pleased with the comfort and handling qualities of this vehicle. Users manual contains more information than I need - GPS is cumbersome to set but functions well.