2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:
Super Truck
By A.C. on 07/27/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Great performance, acceleration, handling etc. Considering its weight and size mileage is suprisingly good. usually 18MPG+ on the highway driving at 70+ MPH. ------------------------------------ - It has been fixed now but the rear hatch would sometimes open without any input from the remote.

I traded my 2007 GL450 for '08 GL550
By hbmciver on 12/15/08 04:28 AM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Best decision I made; to upgrade to the GL550. Unless something else comes on the market I can't imagine owning anything else. The MB GL550 has it all, comfort, quality inside and out! I'll trade in 2010 if there are upgrades, otherwise my '08 actually gets better gas mileage hwy than it's rated for. I get 19-21 mpg, and the smoothest ride imaginable!

Our first Mercedes-Benz
By KBKBDB on 08/25/08 13:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

So far, so good. We were in the market for a SUV. Test drove the Acura MDX, BMW X5 4.8i, and the GL. We were impressed by all three vehicles but ultimately the GL was the way to go--truly appreciate the usable third row seats.

Awesome suv
By ceezeeman on 07/08/08 07:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is a great truck. Looks great, well built, fun to drive. But it is an suv, not a luxury sedan and handles accordingly.

Excellent Car!
By Mom2Boys on 11/28/07 20:45 PM (PST)

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have had the car for about a month and could not be happier. I have had a couple of Navigators and looked at it again before buying the GL 550 - there was no comparison. Quite simply, this is the best driving car I have ever owned or driven.

GL 550 Refined And Exilerating
By Gary Case on 09/18/07 20:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car has a duo personality, smooth and refined around town; yet exilerating on the open road. The ulta wide 21 inch tires complement the suspension dynamics to make it handle like a BMW x5 with out the punishing ride. When you are on a Sunday drive with the family, they'll never realize there is 380 horses under the hood.

Let It Ride
By W-4-550 on 09/09/07 07:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is a truck of excess. All options basically included and it's a pleasure to drive. Also stands out against the GL 450. So just get this truck and "let it ride".

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.