Used 2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mercedes-benz Gl-class - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:

Super Truck
By A.C.

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Great performance, acceleration, handling etc. Considering its weight and size mileage is suprisingly good. usually 18MPG+ on the highway driving at 70+ MPH. ------------------------------------ - It has been fixed now but the rear hatch would sometimes open without any input from the remote.

Favorite Features

- Power/handling - Styling - Comfort/size -

Suggested Improvements

- Not enough interior storage. - The garage door controls should not be on the rear view mirror because it moves when you adjust it and needs re- setting. - Had to pay an extra $450. for the Bluetooth telephone.

I traded my 2007 GL450 for '08 GL550
By hbmciver

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Best decision I made; to upgrade to the GL550. Unless something else comes on the market I can't imagine owning anything else. The MB GL550 has it all, comfort, quality inside and out! I'll trade in 2010 if there are upgrades, otherwise my '08 actually gets better gas mileage hwy than it's rated for. I get 19-21 mpg, and the smoothest ride imaginable!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, quiet, all features, large tires, reliability, concierge service. Acceleration is unreal.

Suggested Improvements

The navigation system could be upgraded.

Our first Mercedes-Benz
By KBKBDB

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

So far, so good. We were in the market for a SUV. Test drove the Acura MDX, BMW X5 4.8i, and the GL. We were impressed by all three vehicles but ultimately the GL was the way to go--truly appreciate the usable third row seats.

Favorite Features

Our favorite features include the safety features, style inside and out, powerful V-8, ride comfort, multi- contour seats, Mark Levinson stereo, i- pod connection, backup camera, DVD player, and the overall feel at highway speeds. Plus it is easy to manuever around town.

Suggested Improvements

Larger exterior mirrors, real-time navigation and wireless headsets would be nice improvements.

Awesome suv
By ceezeeman

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is a great truck. Looks great, well built, fun to drive. But it is an suv, not a luxury sedan and handles accordingly.

Favorite Features

Comfort, design and build

Suggested Improvements

Mirrors too small for size of vehicle. Nice if 2nd row seats were adjustable forward and back

Excellent Car!
By Mom2Boys

2008 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I have had the car for about a month and could not be happier. I have had a couple of Navigators and looked at it again before buying the GL 550 - there was no comparison. Quite simply, this is the best driving car I have ever owned or driven.

Favorite Features

The ride is quick and smooth. It is a solid feel with superb handling. Terrific features - so many that you feel quite spoiled in this car. Can operate so many features from the steering wheel. I love rear camera and front/rear sensors.

Suggested Improvements

As others have said, the side mirrors could be larger. They leave a blind spot. A/C seats is one feature the Navigator has and I wish this one did as well. Otherwise, I cannot think of thing to add to this dream machine.