Poor Reliability
By benz_awful on
2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)
Purchased a mint condition 2007 GL450 with 25,000 miles and now at 60,000 miles. Have had the following problems: power steering pump failure, front struts failure, interior temperature control system failure, check engine sensor failure, cam plug oil leaks and replacement, back seat panel separation, interior vent knobs broke, not to mention that the battery wore out early as did the brakes and tires. Vehicle pulls to right after repeated alignments. Can't get rid of vibration even after tire replacement and repeated re-balancing -- suspect drive shaft.
Favorite Features
3rd row seat
Suggested Improvements
Need to improve reliability and lower cost of repair parts and labor. Warranty is only for 50 K miles and extended warranty I purchased has been a total waste of money (won't pay claims). Cost of repairs is unbelievable.
By azmb
on 04/17/13 06:21 AM (PDT)

I am sorry to hear of all your issues, I had the same vehicle and had very similar problems-the one that really irritated me was the brakes. But I also had the struts, the rear hatch latch failure ($800), transmission leaks and the alignment issue. I finally got rid of this lemon.......will never buy another Mercedes-their customer satisfaction is at "Zero" all they care about is $$$$. When I contacted MB corporate, I was basically told it was how I was mis-using their "fine" equipment.

By janana
on 08/04/13 11:31 AM (PDT)

My 2007 GL450 with 69K miles have had the following problems: window trim peels, seat belt clip, navigation screen, front struts, power steering pump, balance shaft guide wheel, early wear out of break pads and battery. People also often complained about rear door latch, ambiance temperature sensor, doors locking mechanism. All this from $100K car. If you care about maintenance cost at all - don't ever buy Mercedes because you are left out to the mercy of the dealers. If you lease one - then power to you. but ditch it after warranty expires.