2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Consumer Review: Change that suspension

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class - Consumer Review

Change that suspension
By japhet on

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

My GL has been into the dealer's not less that four times in under 30,000km, mainly for suspension problems. In this distance I already have had both front and rear shocks changed and whatever else could be changed down there to reduce vibrations, road noise & wheel-bouncing. Rear windscreen wiper blade fell off just a few weeks into car's first rainy season & I ended up with a scratched rear screen. Vibrations have not stopped & make the car unpleasant to drive. Windows shake (ever so slightly, but you hear the click-click all the time you go over a bump). I have since learned that MB has used the same suspension components which are fitted on the ML! (GL is wider though). Anyone out there?

The car looks great, fuel economy, commendable. Very comfortable to drive, but rear seats lack flexibility&remain in an almost upright position. I think on a car this size, those seats should go all the way back, especially when rear seats are down flat, more so when you are going far with the kids.

MB. the suspension on my car is totally inadequate. Changing shocks has not fixed it. How about redesigning the suspension completely the way you did with the A Class when it failed the buck test?