A Pleasure to Drive
By Michael Ettinger on
2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)
Traded my S500 4matic for the loaded GL 450 last December and haven't looked back. This is my umpteenth Benz since 1984 and I have finally found the machine to replace my previous favorite, the last generation E350 4matic wagon. The GL's ride height and comfort are outstanding. Acceleration is there when needed. Fit and finish are first rate. In fact, it feels like you are riding a sedan. Everything is offered on this vehicle that you could want, except perhaps ventilated seating but this may be nitpicking. Love this car so much that I pat it on the hood ever time I pass it in my garage. A car you can bond with. Bravo, Mercedes!
Favorite Features
Must have the hands-free phone, auto dimming mirrors. Recommend highly the rear view camera, heated steering wheel. Love the automatic rear hatch closer and the automated raising and lowering of the third row seats. Automated third row windows a nice touch.
Suggested Improvements
Getting in and out of the third row should be made easier. Harmon Kardon sound system is just adequate. Why not offer additional sound system upgrades for serious audiophiles?