Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:

Excellent SUV
By wmriii

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This is a great SUV. My family has had a Suburban for the past 14 years and it was time to downsize a bit. GL drives like a car, is extremely comfortable and has about every extra that we need. There are a few minor changes I would like to see. First, the windshield is at an angle which reflects the dash. Very distracting and third row seat dificult to get in. Should have automatic second ro fold up. Other than those minor issues and one major problem with parktronic (below) which was eventually fixed, this is one of the best cars we have owned and we hve owned most of them.

Third row seats (pop up/down) pick up and performance. comfort. Convenience.

Parktronic completely failed on our GL and dealer could not fix (5 visits). While not critical to the drivability of the car, it was iritating and took too long to fix (even if a new car).

Fluid and fun
By My first Mercedes

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Quality, size, fast, and fun, the list could go on. I wanted a large SUV and ended up comparing Navigator, Escalade and the GL. In my opinion, there is no contest.

V8 engine, Bluetooth, auto leveling, and handling.

Backing up is a challenge, Parktronic helps, but a standard back up camera is a must.

Superb SUV!
By mblover

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Just returned back from vacation and driven a total of 4000 miles. Got about 20 miles/gal. Excellent drive and ride comfort. Love the Off-Road package and P1 and lighting package. All my cars are Benz, but thought about buying Lexus LX470 but ended up buying the lovely GL450.

Off-Road package with damping system. Rearview camera. P1 package, multi-contour seats, iPod, engine power, curise control, phone.

MB has the best navigation and rearview camera system in the new S Class and they should be using it all their models.

A Pleasure to Drive
By Michael Ettinger

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Traded my S500 4matic for the loaded GL 450 last December and haven't looked back. This is my umpteenth Benz since 1984 and I have finally found the machine to replace my previous favorite, the last generation E350 4matic wagon. The GL's ride height and comfort are outstanding. Acceleration is there when needed. Fit and finish are first rate. In fact, it feels like you are riding a sedan. Everything is offered on this vehicle that you could want, except perhaps ventilated seating but this may be nitpicking. Love this car so much that I pat it on the hood ever time I pass it in my garage. A car you can bond with. Bravo, Mercedes!

Must have the hands-free phone, auto dimming mirrors. Recommend highly the rear view camera, heated steering wheel. Love the automatic rear hatch closer and the automated raising and lowering of the third row seats. Automated third row windows a nice touch.

Getting in and out of the third row should be made easier. Harmon Kardon sound system is just adequate. Why not offer additional sound system upgrades for serious audiophiles?

Mercedes Sedan Disguised as an SUV
By Jeff

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This is our second MB. We also own an '05 ML350 and have been very happy with it. My wife traded her 04 Acura MDX for the new GL. We looked at the new 07 Acura MDX and although the Acura appears to be a good value we were not impressed by the overall build quality of our 04 MDX vs 05 ML350. We also looked hard at the new BMW X5 V8 but determined it was no larger than the Acura MDX and takes you into the price range of the much larger, faster, smoother and more practical GL. We just hit 3,000 miles and we are still fighting over who gets to drive.

The vehicle is large on the inside but drives/handles like a smaller vehicle. The engine has abuntant power and the transmission is amazingly smooth. We love the gorgeous and comfortable interior. Power operated 3rd row seats can actually be used by adults! My wife loves the back-up camera.

No complaints, placement of turn signal stalk and manual paddle shifters on back of steering wheel take some getting use to.

• SUV