Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:

Superb SUV!
By mblover

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Just returned back from vacation and driven a total of 4000 miles. Got about 20 miles/gal. Excellent drive and ride comfort. Love the Off-Road package and P1 and lighting package. All my cars are Benz, but thought about buying Lexus LX470 but ended up buying the lovely GL450.

Off-Road package with damping system. Rearview camera. P1 package, multi-contour seats, iPod, engine power, curise control, phone.

MB has the best navigation and rearview camera system in the new S Class and they should be using it all their models.

A Pleasure to Drive
By Michael Ettinger

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Traded my S500 4matic for the loaded GL 450 last December and haven't looked back. This is my umpteenth Benz since 1984 and I have finally found the machine to replace my previous favorite, the last generation E350 4matic wagon. The GL's ride height and comfort are outstanding. Acceleration is there when needed. Fit and finish are first rate. In fact, it feels like you are riding a sedan. Everything is offered on this vehicle that you could want, except perhaps ventilated seating but this may be nitpicking. Love this car so much that I pat it on the hood ever time I pass it in my garage. A car you can bond with. Bravo, Mercedes!

Must have the hands-free phone, auto dimming mirrors. Recommend highly the rear view camera, heated steering wheel. Love the automatic rear hatch closer and the automated raising and lowering of the third row seats. Automated third row windows a nice touch.

Getting in and out of the third row should be made easier. Harmon Kardon sound system is just adequate. Why not offer additional sound system upgrades for serious audiophiles?

Mercedes Sedan Disguised as an SUV
By Jeff

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This is our second MB. We also own an '05 ML350 and have been very happy with it. My wife traded her 04 Acura MDX for the new GL. We looked at the new 07 Acura MDX and although the Acura appears to be a good value we were not impressed by the overall build quality of our 04 MDX vs 05 ML350. We also looked hard at the new BMW X5 V8 but determined it was no larger than the Acura MDX and takes you into the price range of the much larger, faster, smoother and more practical GL. We just hit 3,000 miles and we are still fighting over who gets to drive.

The vehicle is large on the inside but drives/handles like a smaller vehicle. The engine has abuntant power and the transmission is amazingly smooth. We love the gorgeous and comfortable interior. Power operated 3rd row seats can actually be used by adults! My wife loves the back-up camera.

No complaints, placement of turn signal stalk and manual paddle shifters on back of steering wheel take some getting use to.

Excellent ride
By chris

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Looked at MDX: too small, too ugly exterior. Suburban Z71: looked good with too cheap materials interior for a 50K car. Then we decided to buy the '07 SUV of the year: The Mercedes GL450. The body doesn't look as sexy as the X5 we have, but for the big 3rd row seat, the cargo space, it can't get any better than this. Fit and finish of the exterior and interior is excellent, beautiful. That's all I can say. I also test drove the Audi Q7. I like the look and the exclusive status of Audis, but the materials they used is nothing close to Mercedes or BMWs. With a comparable V8 engine, Audi wants $60k plus. That's why you don't see many people driving Audis.

The smooth ride, the fit and finish, the roominess, excellent SUV.

Should put the DVD player up somewhere, instead of under the seat. If Mercedes could start building a good reputation for reliability, esp.electrical problems in the past, they could be the best

Love my GL
By cindykoz

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This is my first Mercedes and my 2nd SUV. I love it. We have 3 small children all in car seats and we all fit very comfortably and easily with room for friends. We live in central New York and have had about 5-6ft of snow since we picked up the GL, it handles it like a dream. We will be adding running boards as it's a bit high for small kids and grandparents.

Traction control works great in snow. Heated steering wheel is very nice. Satelite radio is great, where have I been?

Nothing comes to mind yet.