2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:
Overall Pleased
By Lauren on 09/13/06 19:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I owned an ML before and was very excited about the GL when we were first told about it in Jan 2006. We preordered and took deliver May 7, 2006! I loved the car right away, and already have 10,000 miles. Having driven it now for 6 months, I can say that I would make two changes! DVD location, and split 2nd row seats. I have two children (in car seats) and running carpool with this creates big problems getting into the 3rd row! Also, DVD player needs to be accessible and controlled from the front seat! Children cannot unbuckle or get out of carseat to change DVD player that is located under the 2nd row seat! Very poor design for a mother with children! Otherwise, a fabulous car!

Very nice car but...
By BM on 09/12/06 21:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Driving the GL is a great experience, I am very happy with it. After having an Acura and a Lexus, I was happy to be back with MB. I was surprised to see a serious lack of technology. especially with the outdated navigation system (a portable one with a fraction of the price has more features and less complicated) and you should be able to change the radio station or CD without loosing the view of the map. Touch screen is standard in other cars. DVD in the back under the back seat make it imposible to change DVD or start it for the kids without stopping and diving under the seat (mainly it is for kids restrained in the back seat). Need child safety locks for the back doors.

Great Performance
By Veronica vicente on 08/16/06 09:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Driving the new GL Class seven seater has been great and worth the money. I'm very happy with its special high technology. The navigation system is awesome.

Incredible Vehicle
By GARY on 08/02/06 09:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I'm amazed at how comfortable, smooth, responsive and well designed the GL450 is. I actually was able to purchase the Premier Edition and am very happy. The GL even corners well (I also own a CLS500 & Jeep GC SRT8). I get looks everywhere, even received a thumbs up from a new Cadillac Escalade owner! I couldn't be happier with this vehicle, it's one of a just a couple that have exceeded my expectations. In a word this vehicle is almost perfect.

Outstanding
By JOE on 07/12/06 17:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

The comfort and convenience is exemplary. Best seats of any vehicle that I've owned. The vehicle was as steady as my SLK 55 AMG at higher speeds.

Well built
By saleem.qazi on 07/01/06 12:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Fun to drive. Front end not very smooth. It feels like it's missing rubber bushings in the front. I hope it is an actual Mercedes and not just a name change from Dodge Durango to Mercedes GL450. It will be very disappointing if that's the case. Otherwise, it is a good vehicle. Also, it's difficult to lift the middle row to get the 3rd row.

Extraordinary
By robert on 06/03/06 09:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned many Mercedez over the years. I almost bought the new S class because of its beauty and drive until this car showed up and it is a dream. Perfect for my travel needs to the mountains. Only have 1,200 miles today and I love the car. Far better than the R or M class. And far better than Range Rover or the new Audi SUV!

M-B Gets it Right
By carl kaseman on 05/26/06 05:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Drives like a big M-B sedan, which is not perfect (like our BMW M5) but nonetheless very competent and solidly comforting. Unlike most other SUVs that we've driven, the steering feels well connected to the road and very safe at high speeds on the highway. And, it looks right at home in the country club parking lot. The exterior design combines elegance and muscularity in a way that should become the new standard for luxury SUVs. The same can be said for its ergonomics, which are simply outstanding. The controls for its many gizmos and gadgets are readily accessible and fairly intuitive, allowing us to avoid spending our nights reading the owner's manual.

Excellent SUV - Worth every penny!
By ScottNJ on 05/19/06 09:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I wasn't 100% sure this vehicle was worth the price when I signed the paperwork. But after a 750 mile trip home the day we purchased it, I was completely convinced. The ride is smooth and silent. The interior is well designed and comfortable. And the vehicle has all of the features a family needs. Our model is loaded with all of the options less the distronic cruise control amd the vented leather fronts seats. I averaged 18.8 MPG on our return trip. Not bad given the vehicle was loaded to capacity. Definitely investigate the keyless go. Walking up to the car with bags in one had and your kid in another and never having to unluck the doors or insert a key to start the gine is nice!

Love this SUV
By lovmycars on 05/19/06 03:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

What a great vehicle. Moved from an '01 Landcruiser I loved to this vehicle. Would have bought another "cruiser", but the style and options are a little dated. So far this vehicle is far superior to the "cruiser". The transmission and ride is unbelievably smooth and comfortable. The acceleration is great for such a large truck. It has almost every option you would want in a vehicle of this type and so far they all work wonderfully well. The interior is absolutely beautiful and all of the controls are efficiently located and I understand that most are copied from other Mercedes vehicles, which is good because they have been time tested.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.