2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:
Gotta Love It!
By browniemtb on 12/01/06 09:10 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

We order a new '07 X5 but after having borrowed the demo from the dealer we found the X5 still to small for a family. Still has the BMW performance though. So we purchased the GL450 and found that it has the size for the family and pretty decent performance. The interior features are great and the safety features are even better. Mercedes did a nice job with this vehicle and I think they hit a high luxury SUV market that BMW has yet to hit. If you need room for kids and cargo look no further! I just hope the build quality coming out of Alabama is better than I've read in the past.

Fun Car
By jay on 11/18/06 14:41 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Really nice car for the price. It needs more technology to be used, and they should be standard features, not an options.

Great SUV
By mvenki on 10/30/06 14:12 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I drove 250mi so far, it is very smooth and great acceleration. My wife likes that soft squishy brakes very much as she hated the 2004 ML's truck like feel on the brakes. I know the car critics review that soft feel as negative (may be used to truck based SUVs?), but I feel softer brakes really helps and relaxes your legs especailly on busy trafic lights, because you dont have to stand on it. My Kids love the rear seat entertainment and it looks like airline biz class seats.

Best SUV
By MB on 10/21/06 14:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Probably the best SUV on the market. Smooth, powerful, and fun to drive. A big car, but feels nimble and corners relatively well. It drives like a sedan. It is quiet and you can enjoy your music while the kids can watch DVDs in the back.

The Only SUV for a Single Dad
By SingleDad on 10/20/06 12:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Mercedes Benz should pat themselves on the back for this one. This is my 3rd Benz and my favorite. Constantly receive compliments on the looks, both inside and out. Drives like a dream. The car is tight, quiet, comfortable, luxurious, fun, and in a league of its own. As a single dad of 2, it does everything a minivan can do, but does it with masculinity. The only negatives as others have stated is the DVD location and controls are not accessible without stopping the vehicle and pulling over (if you have little ones) and you only have access to the 3rd row from the passenger side of the vehicle. Having said that, nothing is perfect, however this sure is close.

New M-B GL450 Review
By Gary S. on 10/16/06 14:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I have only owned it a week and love it. It has more room than my previously owned 2006 VW Touareg, which was a good crossover SUV which did not enough room for my three sons, even after one just departed for college. Also, the M-B GL450 is so much nicer then my previous 2000 Lincoln Navigator relative to ride, gas mileage, and just plain sophistication. The M-B Tex interior is well worth forgoing the extra $1650 for leather, too. The only feature that could be improved is the back-up camera showing the actual orientation of the vehicle for parking, etc. My VW Touareg had this at $20K less. All in all, this is not a lot different in features then my wife's 2005 M-B S500. Just Great!

Rides Like A Dream
By Florida girl on 10/14/06 10:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Just purchased a new GL450 , and I am very pleased. The truck drives like a luxury sedan. The interior is very roomy and extremely comfortable. I have three children and they are all very tall and the leg room is quite ample. There are absolutely no blind spots and driving this truck really is a pleasure. It is built like a tank and the solid construction really makes me feel safe. The acceleration is fantastic. No problem passing or entering highways. I have driven several different luxury trucks and this is really my favorite. It's very stylish without being too flashy, and It truly does seat seven adults fairly comfortablly.

GL450
By peter ochsner on 10/14/06 10:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I just trade a 2006 E350 wagon I also own a suburban & a 2006 toyota 4 runner in comparing these suv's the GL rides better 'handles better'more comfortable,looks better & more fun to drive

SUV from Utopia
By KARL_MD on 10/02/06 20:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

What a vehicle. The complete package, from styling and performance to comfort and luxury. I have only had the black-on-black beauty for several days now, but I can state with certitude that there is no other full-size SUV that comes close to competing. I considered and test drove the 2007 Tahoe, the Armada and the Durango. I am glad that I did not settle for anything short of the GL 450.

Suggest to get a light color interior
By J.Rima on 09/17/06 16:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Fun to drive, but I suggest not to get a light color interior. The light gray dashboard reflects to windshield badly. It feels like driving in smoke, disrupts your vision, and gives you tired eyes.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.