2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:
Best SUV I've driven so far
By Fadi on 02/15/07 11:04 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This SUV has everything you dream of having in a vehicle. Quiet and smooth ride, true luxury, powerful brakes, top of the line technology, nice looking, and best of all it's a Mercedes.

The Best SUV
By Louis Magnani on 02/10/07 10:34 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I have had other SUV's Mercedes Benz, BMW, Cadillac, lexus and I love my new GL the Best. I t can tow my boat with no problem and I can go on vations with my family. I love the handling and the drive.

Good Rig
By chrism1987 on 02/10/07 00:20 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I have to say Mercedes Benz has done a great job with this vehicle. I had my doubts at first but after driving it for a week now I've really gotten into this thing. Its comfortable, smooth, and can handle alot of cargo if the time comes. 7-speed auto gives the engine maximum flexibility, but it still drinks gas like any full size.

Best SUV on the Market
By Rick C on 02/09/07 12:57 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

We've owned the GL for three months now, and it has been flawless. I've put 4,000 miles on it, with regular trips from the SF Bay Area to the sierras. It's incredibly solid and comfortable on the highway, completely stable on ice and snow, and easy to drive around town. The car is deceptive, there is a lot of room for both people and cargo hauling. We own this and an E-Class, and the GL feels even smoother to drive than the E. We tried all the 3-row SUVs and nothing on the market comes close to the GL.

The Best SUV Ever
By Jodie Cutter on 01/13/07 20:07 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

The GL class is by far the most enjoyable and lovable vehicle that anyone requiring cargo space, passenger space, and snowy driving conditions could dream for. It handles beautifully. It abounds in standard luxury (although do add the well- designed P1 package and sunroof package; P1 is equipped with everything you'd want and nothing you wouldn't want) and the exterior lines are gorgeous. I have sampled the new Acura MDX, the Escalade, and the larger Lexus SUV's. There is simply no comparison. The BMW X5 is still too small, too slow without the V8, and the options are overpriced. If you drive the GL450, you will buy it. It's as simple as that.

Great Truck
By DAVID on 01/12/07 10:09 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This is the third SUV I have owned and by far the best that I have test driven or owned. The options do run up the price, but all of the large luxury SUVs cost big bucks. The GL drives and feels like a MB, is fast quiet, and roomy. Backup camera is a must. Great sound system. Nav system is easy once you learn it.

What you need to Know
By Mercedes- Benz Dude on 01/03/07 09:28 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

The car has a smooth and quiet ride. It has a solid feel to it. My family loves it. I haven't had any problems with it so far. Love this car.

Best Luxury SUV out there
By John on 12/26/06 09:31 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

We traded in our old ML for this one. We looked at the BMW, Audi, Lexus, Infinity, and Acura (wife wouldn't consider the Denali). This is by far the best vehicle if you plan on using the 3rd row, a real person fits back there. This handles like a big S class. Overall it's not too big, not too small, performs beautifully, and fit and finish is as good as it gets. Best luxury SUV out there.

It really filled a need
By N. Y. owner on 12/15/06 10:25 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

At 200.3 inches, it is the perfect mid- size SUV( BMWs new X5 just went from 183 to 192 inches -- and is still too small ). Superb driving, passenger comfort, power, and acceleration. 12 inches longer than the ML translates into much greater load capacity. This is the first new car we have purchased in many years (and our first SUV ever). The need was there. Why did Mercedes wait so long?

Much Better than the ML!
By Chris on 12/03/06 17:47 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I have had 40 cars in the past 25 years, but this is one of the best! The new GL Class is my 7th MB and the best one to date. Power is smooth and responsive, steering is fluid, sight lines are not restricted. My two complaints are the braking, which is touchy and not fluid, and the seats. The seats could use a deeper bottom cushion for your legs, a la the '07 S Class. I do have the multi contour option which helps, but doesn't solve the problem. Gas mileage is good, reaching about 18-19 on the highway. Interior space is roomy and silent! Air suspension eats up the bumps, too! Barring some lower back pain on long trips, this is the truck for you if you want to haul, be it kids, or cargo

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.