2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:
A Superior SUV
By Great Benz on 04/26/07 15:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I wanted to move out of my less than dependable Volvo XC90 into a larger vehicle with better mileage. I looked at everything and eventually bought the diesel GL320 for the following reasons: Exceptional mileage for such a large vehicle. The performance of the diesel engine is superior to that of the twin turbocharged gas engine in the XC90, as well as some of the larger V8's. Extremely quiet and comfortable ride. The standard air suspension is perfect. Initial impression is that it is as solid as a bank vault. Crossing my fingers that the recent Mercedes quality problems do not crop up. At 2,800 miles, best vehicle ever

Mercedes Has Set The Bar
By str8line on 04/19/07 08:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Our family has had this vehicle for two weeks and it is spectacular. My wife is the primary driver and she loves it. I've gotta think that some Americans (Chrysler influence?) were involved in the design parameters because the Germans finally nailed what an SUV should be. This chameleon is amazingly user friendly and provides everything you could want in a large SUV but somehow feels diminutive from behind the wheel. The interior is truly something to behold. Stitched leather, gorgeous wood accents, and appealing angles abound. A++

Fluid and fun
By My first Mercedes on 04/14/07 05:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Quality, size, fast, and fun, the list could go on. I wanted a large SUV and ended up comparing Navigator, Escalade and the GL. In my opinion, there is no contest.

The best full size SUV on the market
By Steve on 04/11/07 12:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I've only had my vehicle for about a week and I can say with confidence that this is the best luxury full size SUV on the market. I've driven and researched all other full size SUV's and they don't even compare! This vehicle is quiet, comfortable, smooth as silk. "Quiet as a mouse" diesel engine and transmission, and drop dead good looks. I keep driving around and never see the fuel gauge move as this vehicle with the diesel gets incredible mileage. Don't walk, run to your nearest dealer and order one as they are getting tougher to find due to the great demand.

Big & Green
By Mike Hlinak on 03/22/07 09:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL320 CDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I gave my Acura MDX to my daughter and was looking for another solid SUV. Fell in love with the MB GL450 at first sight. Beautiful inside and out. Then saw the 320CDI version and drove it. Couldn't believe it was a diesel. Who would believe that you could have large comfortably luxury in an SUV and get 27 mpg on the highway? I was only worried about recent MB quality surveys on Consumer Reports but felt a little better given that the GL was totally redesigned.

Superb SUV!
By mblover on 03/08/07 10:43 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Just returned back from vacation and driven a total of 4000 miles. Got about 20 miles/gal. Excellent drive and ride comfort. Love the Off-Road package and P1 and lighting package. All my cars are Benz, but thought about buying Lexus LX470 but ended up buying the lovely GL450.

A Pleasure to Drive
By Michael Ettinger on 03/04/07 18:54 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Traded my S500 4matic for the loaded GL 450 last December and haven't looked back. This is my umpteenth Benz since 1984 and I have finally found the machine to replace my previous favorite, the last generation E350 4matic wagon. The GL's ride height and comfort are outstanding. Acceleration is there when needed. Fit and finish are first rate. In fact, it feels like you are riding a sedan. Everything is offered on this vehicle that you could want, except perhaps ventilated seating but this may be nitpicking. Love this car so much that I pat it on the hood ever time I pass it in my garage. A car you can bond with. Bravo, Mercedes!

Mercedes Sedan Disguised as an SUV
By Jeff on 02/21/07 13:49 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This is our second MB. We also own an '05 ML350 and have been very happy with it. My wife traded her 04 Acura MDX for the new GL. We looked at the new 07 Acura MDX and although the Acura appears to be a good value we were not impressed by the overall build quality of our 04 MDX vs 05 ML350. We also looked hard at the new BMW X5 V8 but determined it was no larger than the Acura MDX and takes you into the price range of the much larger, faster, smoother and more practical GL. We just hit 3,000 miles and we are still fighting over who gets to drive.

Excellent ride
By chris on 02/20/07 01:44 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Looked at MDX: too small, too ugly exterior. Suburban Z71: looked good with too cheap materials interior for a 50K car. Then we decided to buy the '07 SUV of the year: The Mercedes GL450. The body doesn't look as sexy as the X5 we have, but for the big 3rd row seat, the cargo space, it can't get any better than this. Fit and finish of the exterior and interior is excellent, beautiful. That's all I can say. I also test drove the Audi Q7. I like the look and the exclusive status of Audis, but the materials they used is nothing close to Mercedes or BMWs. With a comparable V8 engine, Audi wants $60k plus. That's why you don't see many people driving Audis.

Love my GL
By cindykoz on 02/19/07 11:40 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

This is my first Mercedes and my 2nd SUV. I love it. We have 3 small children all in car seats and we all fit very comfortably and easily with room for friends. We live in central New York and have had about 5-6ft of snow since we picked up the GL, it handles it like a dream. We will be adding running boards as it's a bit high for small kids and grandparents.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.