Used 2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV Consumer Reviews - 63 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:

Save your money
By Walk away

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Save your money. I've had so much Maintance and repeats done for the amount of money I spent I could have purchase 2 more new Benz. I've repaired everything except the engine. Front right and left upper control arms, 4 air shocks, water pump, power steering pump, the list goes on. This is a truck I didn't drive everyday because I have 2 other Benz and a motorcycle.

Total Disappointment
By Clifton

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Poor Poor Quality - Cheap Plastic Inside Car has broken and cracked. AC issues works randomly. Power steering pump leak. Engine camshaft oil leak $1200 (known issue by Mercedes with this model). Poor paint job, clear coat is peeling on roof and front passenger fender. Headlight washers popped off nozzles.
Rear lift gate works intermittently. All in all this is a poorly made car and costs a fortune to upkeep. Mercedes should be ashamed to produce such a poor product. I have owned a Rolls Royce that was cheaper to maintain. I currently have 2 ML320s and 2 GL450s both the ML are of higher quality and more reliable.

I think we got a lemon
By gaspasser3

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Our Gl450 has 70000 miles and the transmission locked up on the highway. Thankfully no one rear ended us.
The vehicle is at the dealer and Mercedes is refusing to goodwill the transmission. The car has always been serviced by Mercedes. Cost to fix $8300.00. In addition we have had 3 air
compressors go out, cam plugs leak oil, power steering pump replaced and the window trim paint peel off.
When you buy Mercedes you expect quality and service, we have had neither.
This is our second Mercedes with problems.
We have have had BMW's and they very reliable. We will not buy another Mercedes.

Looks good

Reliability, service, and better warranty. Mercedes needs to stand behind what they build.

Poor Reliability
By benz_awful

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Purchased a mint condition 2007 GL450 with 25,000 miles and now at 60,000 miles.
Have had the following problems:
power steering pump failure, front struts failure, interior temperature control system failure, check engine sensor failure, cam plug oil leaks and replacement, back seat panel separation, interior vent knobs broke, not to mention that the battery wore out early as did the brakes and tires.
Vehicle pulls to right after repeated alignments.
Can't get rid of vibration even after tire replacement and repeated re-balancing -- suspect drive shaft.

3rd row seat

Need to improve reliability and lower cost of repair parts and labor. Warranty is only for 50 K miles and extended warranty I purchased has been a total waste of money (won't pay claims). Cost of repairs is unbelievable.

Expensive Lesson
By Ticked Off

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased this vehicle less than a week ago, and because of my work schedule couldn't drive it for three days. The first day that I'm able to drive it I go to the gas station to fill it up and the power steering goes out, I wait 3 hrs to be towed. I contact the dealership who tells me I also have a leak in the rack and pinion long story short I have a $7,000 bill on a vehicle I purchased 5 days ago and haven't even driven 150 miles in. I can't use the warranty I purchased because there is a 30 day wait period. I want my trade in vehicle back.

Make sure product is worthy of its price.