2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:
I think we got a lemon
By gaspasser3 on 12/08/11 08:33 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Our Gl450 has 70000 miles and the transmission locked up on the highway. Thankfully no one rear ended us. The vehicle is at the dealer and Mercedes is refusing to goodwill the transmission. The car has always been serviced by Mercedes. Cost to fix $8300.00. In addition we have had 3 air compressors go out, cam plugs leak oil, power steering pump replaced and the window trim paint peel off. When you buy Mercedes you expect quality and service, we have had neither. This is our second Mercedes with problems. We have have had BMW's and they very reliable. We will not buy another Mercedes.

Poor Reliability
By benz_awful on 03/08/11 11:04 AM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Purchased a mint condition 2007 GL450 with 25,000 miles and now at 60,000 miles. Have had the following problems: power steering pump failure, front struts failure, interior temperature control system failure, check engine sensor failure, cam plug oil leaks and replacement, back seat panel separation, interior vent knobs broke, not to mention that the battery wore out early as did the brakes and tires. Vehicle pulls to right after repeated alignments. Can't get rid of vibration even after tire replacement and repeated re-balancing -- suspect drive shaft.

Expensive Lesson
By Ticked Off on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I purchased this vehicle less than a week ago, and because of my work schedule couldn't drive it for three days. The first day that I'm able to drive it I go to the gas station to fill it up and the power steering goes out, I wait 3 hrs to be towed. I contact the dealership who tells me I also have a leak in the rack and pinion long story short I have a $7,000 bill on a vehicle I purchased 5 days ago and haven't even driven 150 miles in. I can't use the warranty I purchased because there is a 30 day wait period. I want my trade in vehicle back.

Big Let down
By lcole on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned my GL for three months and have really been let down by the events over the past 4 days. So far, I have a broken strut, failed air suspension system, and peeling clear coat. Total cost of repairs: $1200. Is my dealership as happy to see me now as they were when I purchased? Of course not. My dream car has turned into a total nightmare for me. I loved it because it is one of the few SUVs with a comfortable third row, but now, I see that I can live without a third row and a Mercedes.

This car is terrible
By Disappointed on 06/26/10 16:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Having spent 5 trips to the dealership to fix a litany of oil leaks that originated after the cam sensors caused a total stoppage of the car I can confidently say this car is terrible. Back gate does not work now. Mercedes took 2 months to investigate my persistent oil leak only to send me a letter saying "good thing you have a warranty." Switched from BMW good thing I have some warranty left so I can swallow the loss and chalk it up as a costly experiment. I won't be fooled by MB's glamorous advertising again. Think twice before getting this car. Interestingly it is rumored the new dodge durango will be a GL in disguise.

Dissapointment
By user on 04/12/10 07:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

The car is a luxury vehicle (65K+) and driving it is really a pleasure. I got two kids and did not want to have a van, but a nice car that would have a lot of space inside. the vehicle is very functional, has 3rd row seats, etc.etc. I would not review it unless I had quality issues with it. The 7 speed transmission failed after 32 000 miles. The suspension failed after 38 000 miles. Warranty expires at 50 000 miles. After the two main 'components' of the car failed I cant imagine what breaks next - the engine? And everything happened below 40K miles. Expect to put big $ after you are out of warranty and those issues keep on occurring.

2007 GL450
By Halil I Danismaz on 03/11/10 21:15 PM (PST)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I bought the machine more than a year ago. Very stylish and powerful. Good for business and causal.

Still Have One of the First and Love It
By Chuck on 10/12/09 13:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

I bought one of the first off the assembly line and have been very happy overall. Only problems I had were at 40,000 miles with the cowling around the steering column coming loose and at 48,000 the front wheel bearings going bad. Of course all of these problems were fixed by the dealer. The interior of the vehicle is outstanding, but the view out the rear window is somewhat restricted. And getting into the third row seat takes a little effort. The third row seat has to be one of the most comfortable available. Adults can actually sit there comfortably without their knees in their chest. I'm not crazy about the exterior design. No complaint with the power, it's great!

Great Car
By Mike on 08/16/09 07:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Recently purchased this CPO vehicle and I love it. I haven't had the car long enough to have anything break, but the design, comfort, power, and features are fantastic!

Mercedes Failure
By German cars on 05/11/09 09:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL450 4dr SUV AWD (4.7L 8cyl 7A)

Well, I wrote a review and was very pleased after 3 weeks. After a year, I had to get rid of, because I could not stand the tire/suspension problems. Car pulls badly to the right. Dealer says, "Oh, that's just the crown in the road causing that." No way! Wore out tires at 16000 miles and needs an alignment every 3 months. Car gets aligned, and runs true for a few months before starting to pull again. Sorry I ever doubted BMW. Do yourself a favor. Check out the driving characteristics first. If you go on the Mecedes forums, you will see many have the same disappointment.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.