2007 Mercedes-Benz G-Class Consumer Review: G55 is a solid luxury SUV

2007 Mercedes-Benz G-Class - Consumer Review

G55 is a solid luxury SUV
By CLL on

2007 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I bought this G55 for my wife. While it is not a typical squshy SUV,it is everything else and more. The power is amazing, Motor trend shows it at 0- 60MPH in 4.7 seconds agianst the cayanne S, bmx x series.It is very well built, handles very well and I feel safe with my wife and 3 children driving in it daily. The interior has superior finishes. The rear seats are great with 3 dedicated true seats, logs of leg room and a tall roof make it spacious. The trunk is very deep and easy to put strollers and groceries into. As the car breaks in, it is getting quicker in performance. I would buy it again in a minute. Once you drive it, you won't drive any other suv. No problems thus far at all.

Engine, excellent leg room, tall roof, lots of trunk space, serious performance. Sub 13 second 1/4 mile, sub 5 seconds 0-60, solid, safe and unique! This car has a solid steel tube going around the entire vehicle. If you hit anything, you will either go right through it or right over it

The 2007 model did not have Tele-Aide, however I understand the 2008's to. You can always use a cell phone however! I would not change a thing except maybe add a 7 speed transmision in the future for taller final drive.