2005 Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G-Class model:
Military vehicle
By BlueAngels on 09/22/05 12:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUV G500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Having seen the G-Wagon in the miltary service, it is kind of odd to see them as a luxury car. These tanks are made to take all kind of abuses. Unless you are taking them off-road in the Pac West or somewhere, you will be better off driving a smaller SUV.

G Class Rules
By Q on 08/19/05 15:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUV G500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my G for quite some time. It is quality throughout. No plastic and thin metal. Go and drive the best. It's better than my BMW 5 series and the best vehicle I have ever driven. See for yourself. The Hummer owners wish they had one! Its for real.

Porsche to G wagon
By porsche on 07/26/05 13:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUV G500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Robust is not the word to describe this. Steel frame, heavy steel, massive hinges. You'd think it was built for military use. It turns heads everywhere. I've been wanting one for 2 years, and am not in any way disapointed, except I wish service could be thru MB trucks and not the car dealer.

Canadian Military's Finest
By TJ on 06/28/05 14:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUV G500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Our second G. My wife wanted one of the last ones to make it to North America. She loves it and places me second place in our home. Great ride and commands the road. The new 2006 being built in Alabama does not deserve the G CLASS name!! It is an embarassment to us G lovers!! (maybe Pacifica 2 would be more appropriate!)

G-Wagon
By Braingears on 01/25/05 01:03 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUV G500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This truck can go anywhere and through anything. It can also tow my 32 foot boat without a thought. I also like the fact that it is solid and NOT made of plastic. It is made to go 1,000,000 miles.

shaspa
By sharon spatz on 01/19/05 16:32 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUV G500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Such a solid drive. Extremely comfortable. The quality of the vehicle is so amazing. We feel much safer with this heavy vehicle.

Great car
By alfreds on 11/28/04 11:21 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUV G500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Why go with some lower middle class vehicle liek the Lexus or the H2? The G500 defines luxury and is used all over the world for military, industrial and civilian use. This is a tested SUV, not something marketed to soccer moms.

If you want a tank, here's your baby
By pampushky on 11/12/04 01:48 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUV G500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is a weird car, but I love it. It is solid, mighty and odd, but it commands attention, it is safe, and you get a workout while you drive it. It isn't for everyone, it takes time to get used to and the mileage is awful. But it is the best car I have ever driven. Only fault besides mileage is middle seat needs a shoulder seatbelt and not just a lep belt.

Silver Monster
By jeld on 11/11/04 06:12 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUV G500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

We love our silver monster, it's like a bad tempered pet