2004 Mercedes-Benz G-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific G-Class model:
G class=1st class
By ryan on 12/10/04 18:53 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

wonderful vehicle, but i would really like a 6 speed manual transmission on one.A superb field vehicle.no problems yet.the main competitor in Trinidad are the Range Rovers and the X5's.they cant handle the off road terrain

g55
By C.J on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is the ultimate SUV, it knocks the socks off the Range Rover and the X-5. Performance-wise there's nothing like it on the road, and definitely nothing like it off road.

2005 G 55 K
By G baby on 10/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I am actually writing regarding the 2005 G 55 K (you do not have a rating page for it yet). Edmund, I have to say that I respectfully disagree with your review of that truck. I own one of the first to arrive here in the US (if not the first one), and this truck is OUT OF THIS WORLD. This is the best looking, most trilling truck on the market. The drive is incredible, and uncomparable. The truck sounds like a sport car, speeds like one AND has everything you would want in a truck.

ok care for the money
By BenzyMan01 on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased it about 5 months ago and its an overall great buy, but im not so happy with the reaction on it. people dont like the looks and I dont know if I do. I cant wait for the new generation G to come out.

Civilian Version of German Humvee
By Ed Rabel on 05/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is the most coveted, most durable, best performing Mercedes-Benz I've ever owned. Can't wait 'til the 2005 model appears. Built in Austria by superb craftsmen, this beats anything we Americans turn out in this class.

Best SUV available today
By Denali on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd G Wagon and I am still amazed at this amazing vehicle.There is nothing out there that even comes close.No Range Rover,no Landcruser and definetly NO HUMMER.I drive this car almost 40000 miles a year in the outback of Alaska and if there was anything as formidable as the G Wagon believe me I would buy it.Look out for the 2005 G55 Kompressor.Almost 500HP and 550ft. of torque. Where will it end.

NEW OWNER LOVES IT
By DRJFORTLEE on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

A great experience, incredible ride, tons of power and lots of fun.

great
By ucballer3206 on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This vechile is grat it drives great and looks great.

Cruises over and Ranges past the rest
By GPedd7 on 10/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I am sure I am one of the very few G Class owners who have really been off road in their vehicle, but I must say the G has very aceptional handling. On road and off. Being 6 feet tall, i fit right inside the somewhat cozy cabin. The seats are great and the driving stance/experience is amazing. Its like driving a tank and thats what i am use to. My last two cars were a Land Cruiser and a Range Rover, but i must say my G is the best car i have ever had ever.

G55
By JRWoodyard on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG 4WD 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Great Truck, VERY UNIQUE!