2003 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

G55 AMG 5.5L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )
True 4 wheel power
By busch on 06/15/05 20:10 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG G55 AMG 4WD SUV (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

An outstanding vehicle capable of any chosen offroad drive test. Unique power on the highway. Startup at trafic intersection to 75 mph within 6 seconds. It's extremely safe. I survived a head on colission with another vehicle in a previous model with out mishap.

great
By mattman@aol.com on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG G55 AMG 4WD SUV (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

very fun to drive nice around corves and off roading

Buy anything but...
By eurocar on 09/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG G55 AMG 4WD SUV (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

This car is horrible. From the day I bought it I've had nothing but problems. The dealership people are inentive to the problems I've been having. The service deparment is constantly on backorder for parts and it is overall a bad experience. This is the first time that I've bought a Mercedes (happy BMW owner) and Chrysler quality is really showing itself in this SUV.

My God Man! It couldn't get better!
By adoc4urfoot on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG G55 AMG 4WD SUV (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

I just got my G55 AMG the other day and i knew this one was for me. My old Laforza that i was imported just didnt cut it. I think this has to be the best SUV ever!. The sound of the engine dunring acceleration is a classy roar and the transmission shifts great. Being the 6 foot 3 inch foot docter i am, i have great all around visiblity. It would be nice to be a little farther away from the steering wheel but i live. If ur sigle or even if you have a family, this is a great car!

All- Around Car
By g55man on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG G55 AMG 4WD SUV (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

Perfect for anyone to drive!

Best
By Mercedes on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG G55 AMG 4WD SUV (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

This benz of mine is very fine. I love the interior, it similar to my wifes S- 600. The offroad capability is amazing. The ride could stand some improvement. The G55 AMG is the third best mercedes in my opinion. I have had no problems and it is very reliable. If you have the 90000 dollars for standard G55 buy it, if you have the money for options get those too. Its great.

Myahshaunti's Review
By Myahshaunti Mercer on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz G-Class G55 AMG G55 AMG 4WD SUV (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is best for those who are out to profile. It handles great and is very roomy. The engineers didn't cut corners when it came to the comfort and durability. I have twin 2- year old boys who play very rough and they haven't done a thing. I recommend this vehicle to anyone who is looking for room, luxury, and above all, class.