2000 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Consumer Review: I love this car!!!!

2000 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (5.4L V8 5-speed Automatic)

I love this car!!!!
By executive express on

2000 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG 4dr Sedan

Wow, did I ever fall into the best car I've ever owned. My wife wanted a Mercedes (we've had 3 previously), and I happened across this one and an E430. I bought the E55 AMG, and man am I pleased. It's like a combination of a Porsche and a Mercedes. Fantastically comfortable family car when the mother in law is in town. But, when I'm feelin' frisky, Katie bar the door. And the best part, the police aren't drawn to it like moths to a porch light. Plus, this car has 70,000+ miles on it, and its as solid as a rock. 20+ mpg is nice also. And to think, I got rid of my Ford Expedition in order to get this car. What a major quality of life bonus!

Power, baby, 349 hp, 391 ft lbs torque. 0-60 mph in 5.0 seconds. Stealth exterior. Comfort. 20+ mpg economy. Instant credibility to any auto enthusiast with the AMG logo on the trunk. Handling is great also.

Add just a little bit more flash by making it more distinguishable from the pedestrian E320 and E430.