2000 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.4L V8 5-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )
Amazing
By semba5 on 10/29/12 08:16 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG 4dr Sedan

I have owned Volkswagens, Porsche, BMW, and a 2011 CTS-V Coupe. I stumbled across this 2002 E55 AMG by accident and drove it for the heck of it. Although it needed tires, shocks, and rim reconditioning, I was impressed by the performance, looks, and (now) the ride. This is by a long shot the best built, fun to drive, fastest accelerating car I have ever owned. I constantly confuse so many people by the sleeper look of this car as I leave them far far behind me. I bought this car 10 years old and it is in better condition still than the 2011 CTS-V I bought last year (Which was sold). I cant imagine driving anything but an AMG EVER AGAIN.

this one is a keeper
By cg3d on 05/19/12 17:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG 4dr Sedan

Before I bought my beloved w210, I was looking at the 740i Sport Bimmer and D2 Audi S8. If you are also looking at these, stop now. There is no comparison. The W210 is the most capable, dependable and FUN car of them all. I have owned mine for 6 months now and can honestly say it is the best car I have owned. It is very comfortable (although the Audi seats have the edge), clearly built for cruising an autobahn at 100mph all day long. This thing just chews up the miles effortlessly. I get between 17-21mpg in mixed city/moderate highway commute. Not too bad considering the Saturn 5 rocket performance that lurks beneath.

One of the Best Cars
By Bruce on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG 4dr Sedan

Truly amazing to drive and power is unbelievable. Reliability is simply amazing. I was very pleased to own it and would never want to sell it. It has everything from spacious interior to brutal power to smooth gearing to executive and humble looks. I don't think there would be a better car with so many features in this price and Yes, reliability is a dream come true.

More fun than my classic car
By Vito M on 04/27/10 19:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG 4dr Sedan

Got this after selling my classic car which was a occasional driver and got lots of thumbs up . But this car has it all I loved the body style and the power is equal or better than my Big Block classic with all the creature comforts and almost 3 time's the gas milage . The only problem is this car is so much fun to drive I let the others sit in the garage,

Mercedes Benz E55 AMG W210
By shoeb on 01/24/09 06:53 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG 4dr Sedan

It is an extremely fast car. It has a great hand built engine but could be expensive to repair if something goes wrong. It cannot be thrashed very hard since the possibility of something going wrong increases significantly. It is extremely fast from 0-60 in 5.3 secs. One of the fastest cars I have driven but the ride is not comfortable. Build quality is good but not the best I have seen.

I love this car!!!!
By executive express on 04/21/05 15:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG 4dr Sedan

Wow, did I ever fall into the best car I've ever owned. My wife wanted a Mercedes (we've had 3 previously), and I happened across this one and an E430. I bought the E55 AMG, and man am I pleased. It's like a combination of a Porsche and a Mercedes. Fantastically comfortable family car when the mother in law is in town. But, when I'm feelin' frisky, Katie bar the door. And the best part, the police aren't drawn to it like moths to a porch light. Plus, this car has 70,000+ miles on it, and its as solid as a rock. 20+ mpg is nice also. And to think, I got rid of my Ford Expedition in order to get this car. What a major quality of life bonus!

E-55 AMG sedan
By rarikian on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG 4dr Sedan

Overall this is an exceptional car. It excels in character and performance and never fails to impress me with its civilized behaivor. Whenever I get into my other cars I wonder where the power is.

wolf is sheep's clothing
By motorbobb on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG 4dr Sedan

Fantastic car choice for the corporate exec. Very understated (people say things like "Is that new? It just looks different." -- The 275-40/18's are a hint something sinister is at play). Muscle car acceleration, porsche handling, and the space to take the family of four to the grocery store! I have left more than a few guys driving Vettes, Boxsters, and Mustang GT's perplexed, trying to figure out how the guy driving the "old man" Mercedes dusted them. 20MPG driving to the office to boot! No real complaints. The performance suspension will rattle your kidneys going over bumps.

e55
By E55AMG22 on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG 4dr Sedan

This car is the best car I have ever owned. It is the perfect combination of performance, style and comfort. It has huge amounts of torque at all rpms. Very fun to drive.

Amazing Machine
By Russellboy on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG 4dr Sedan

After 3 years and 35,000 miles, it's still a thrill to drive this car. Smooth, powerful acceleration. Unbelievable handling. Spacious and comfortable back seat a rare bonus in a performance car. Expensive to buy, but has been a joy to own. In the shop just ONE time for an oil change and new tires. Hope to own this baby a long time.