1999 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 5.4L V8 5-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )
Newbie owner review
By R.J. on 06/11/10 17:08 PM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have only had this car for a week now but I love it so far. It has amazing power and is really comfortable and classy. I am the third owner and it seems to have been pretty reliable for the other owners, although I don't have all the maintenance records. The only "problems" thus far are the left side of the digital display in the dash is dim and I've had the lamp malfunction warning come on once.

With prices coming down
By Ah eM Ghee on 05/12/08 15:55 PM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Sedan 4dr Sedan

With prices comming in below 15K for a used 99 model, this may be the best all around sedan for the money. Consistant 20-22MPG freeway. Runs a low 13 in the quater mile stock. Keeps up with most of the performance cars of today, while carring five people in comfort. Although parts are expensive, it is well worth it for a car whose style is as timeless as a Van Gogh.

If you own a pilot's license...
By the auto expert on 05/06/07 00:12 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is very rare and its fast! It explodes past 90% of all other cars made, including many high performance sports cars. I think the BMW M5 is a fine vehicle, but if you want a reasonably priced alternative jet powered sedan...the E55 AMG is the only alternative. The Japanese only wish they could make anything comparible to this German autobahn jet plane on four wheels. If you want to operate this vehicle, be sure to have your pilot's license in order.

Had to get another W210 AMG
By andyE50AMG on 12/23/05 19:13 PM (PST)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just got back to the states after 5 years in Germany. I bought a 1998 E50 AMG while there (Same car). I loved it! But it had to be sold before leaving. As soon as I got back to the states I loved my E50 sooooo much I started hunting for a 1999 E55. Power, Style, Luxury, Comfort, Safety, reliability, this car has it all. I will probably keep it forever.

Wonderful Car
By pr on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Sedan 4dr Sedan

This has truly been a wonderful car. It has all the practical needs one would want and also a tremendous "fun" factor when you need it. This is a very fast car and will keep up with almost any car on the road. Good reliability so far, but I bought it used and it did have some warranty work. It has been 100% reliable thus far.

Wolf in sheep's clothing; yeah baby!
By LDB on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love this car! More than enough performance for American roads. This is a performance car that doesn't punish you. Wonderful steady acceleration, fantastic brakes, comfortable at ANY speed. The transmission is very smooth and adapts surprisingly well to all conditions I've encountered. Rather exclusive, not many of these on the road. Once in your life, you need to own a car like this.