Used 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

My 2014 E350 Coupe
By Robert

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first Mercedes and I couldn't be happier! I purchased it CPO with 30K miles on it and it drives and looks like a brand new car. My E350 coupe is white with tan leather interior, the 2014s have the refreshed look so it looks like the newer models. The build and drive are simply exceptional. This car still looks like a $65,000.00 dollar although I paid 1/2 the price. I have owned it for about 2 months and I still smile every time I get behind the wheel, it corners very well and has really good pick-up but it's more of a grand touring car with a ton of luxury features. If you are looking for a reliable, great looking and fun to drive coupe, the 2014 E350 should be on your short list....FYI; getting it 3 years old with about 30K miles on it will also save you about 50% off MSRP. I loveeeeeee my E350 coupe and I love every aspect of this car, I have zero concerns.

Much improvement is needed
By marvinlee2

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

The front standard seats are
miserably hard and un-conforming, plus being too low at any setting.
Road noise isolation is also poor and worse than the Toyota cars I rent on flying trip destinations.
The engine emits rude noises on initial cold start up, a problem which is euphemistically referred to in the owner's manual as "a different sound."

Pluses include a smooth and effective engine stop-start system at stoplights, ample power, excellent initial reliability, and good body finish and fit.
Overall, I would rather have the new Kia K900 as it offers me more luxury and features for the same or less amount of money.

Power, fit and finish, initial reliability

Better seats, more headroom, better road noise isolation, quieter engine at startup.

Impressions after 3 months
By trussell1

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

E550 coupe beautiful to look at and super light on its feet. Sleek and such a head turner I've only seen one other in my large city in 3 months. What I don't like- I hate the Eco mode and
that it can't be turned off permanently. It's smooth as silk when riding in comfort mode- you hardly notice it but if you are like me and like to drive it in sports mode you won't be happy. It's a obvious feeling/ sound. I now just turn it off nearly every start because I mainly drive I. The city and it's just annoying to have it power down each stop. Internet radio is a waste- it takes like 5 min to get a signal and forget changing the Chanel it has to reload all over again.

Styling in and out, trunk release allows seats to fold down flat and we got two huge airline bags in trunk with two carry ons and three backpacks all in the trunk! Love that the large trunk pops up and doors can be locked. Easy to get in back seat since it rolls forward and then back into position by itself. Great stereo. Like the displays in front of eyes and not just on nav screen. Love the pillar less windows and big clear panarama sunroof. Sterrong and drove is quality. 550 is So fast and great at cornering and acceleration. Like the white diamond always looks clean but has a nice metallic look to it- love the wheel they are a great two toned look. Love the auto door opener

Don't really care for the back up camera it is slow at responding compared to Lexus and it's not as easy to use . My 360 camera has also been having issues sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't also satellite radio is always updating but not always working. I hate that all radio bands don't combine as one , rather than having to go between fm and satellite separately. Hate the Eco start it's not smooth on sports mode.you feel it start back up Internet radio useless takes too long to load. Gas mileage not terrific but I drive mainly sports mode. Seats are not very padded. Leather is sturdy but seats are hard. Wish wood steering wheel was heated. Cup holders should be covered.

A sophisticated 1969 GTO
By mercedesmaven

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Have owned my Mercedes E550 Coupe for 2.5 years. If you miss the open air feel of the a 60's muscle car coupe with no B pillar and gobs of horsepower and torque, then seriously consider this car. In fact, it is the only mid sized coupe with no B pillar and a big V8 engine currently available. Think a 1969 Pontiac GTO built by Mercedes; you would actually pay twice as much for a restored like new condition GTO and get half the car. I know, I owned one, and this car puts most any true 60's muscle car to shame. 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, conservatively rated at 402 HP and 443 ft/lbs of torque, out handles any 60's muscle car, >22 mpg city/hwy. With perfectly restored muscle cars going at auction for >$100K, this is a very practical bargain. I've had ZERO issues-repairs on this car.

What fun!
By revdr2

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Sporty yet comfortable. Better than expected mpg.
Standard sound system superb. Switched from Audi because they did not have comparable coupe. This is nicest car I ever owned