Impressions after 3 months
By trussell1 on
2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)
E550 coupe beautiful to look at and super light on its feet. Sleek and such a head turner I've only seen one other in my large city in 3 months. What I don't like- I hate the Eco mode and that it can't be turned off permanently. It's smooth as silk when riding in comfort mode- you hardly notice it but if you are like me and like to drive it in sports mode you won't be happy. It's a obvious feeling/ sound. I now just turn it off nearly every start because I mainly drive I. The city and it's just annoying to have it power down each stop. Internet radio is a waste- it takes like 5 min to get a signal and forget changing the Chanel it has to reload all over again.
Favorite Features
Styling in and out, trunk release allows seats to fold down flat and we got two huge airline bags in trunk with two carry ons and three backpacks all in the trunk! Love that the large trunk pops up and doors can be locked. Easy to get in back seat since it rolls forward and then back into position by itself. Great stereo. Like the displays in front of eyes and not just on nav screen. Love the pillar less windows and big clear panarama sunroof. Sterrong and drove is quality. 550 is So fast and great at cornering and acceleration. Like the white diamond always looks clean but has a nice metallic look to it- love the wheel they are a great two toned look. Love the auto door opener
Suggested Improvements
Don't really care for the back up camera it is slow at responding compared to Lexus and it's not as easy to use . My 360 camera has also been having issues sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't also satellite radio is always updating but not always working. I hate that all radio bands don't combine as one , rather than having to go between fm and satellite separately. Hate the Eco start it's not smooth on sports mode.you feel it start back up Internet radio useless takes too long to load. Gas mileage not terrific but I drive mainly sports mode. Seats are not very padded. Leather is sturdy but seats are hard. Wish wood steering wheel was heated. Cup holders should be covered.