Used 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

meh
By Mark H.

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E250 Sport BlueTEC 4dr Sedan (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I test drove one of these and wasn't very impressed. The engine under load sounds like an overstressed rental car. If you don't need the space, the BMW 3-series diesel is a much better car for less money. Or take a look at the A6 TDI.

Value tanked
By Rock inn

Bought my E 350 new in July 2014. The car stickered at $61,250. Went to trade it in on another MB product in September 2015 and the dealership would only give me $37,500! Car was in perfect condition with only 8,000 miles. I would call this terrible depreciation. If you buy a new MB plan on keeping it for a LONG time.

Opinion not changed on MB reputation
By rockinrn

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is a follow up review to my previous E350 review. I just took the car on a short trip to Sedona Arizona and I have to say that the road noise in the cabin was considerable. Over moderately coarse pavement the tires roared so much it gave me a headache. I am very disappointed in the amount of road noise that exists in $60,000 automobile with only 7,500 miles on it. I don't think Mercedes Benz products are what they used to be. Buyer beware.

Opinion not changed. Road noise is still excessive. The front seats are uncomfortable. More rattles have developed. The front bumper and the attached chrome wing at the bottom are very susceptible to rock chips. Also, the interior high gloss black ash wood trim may as well be plastic it is so full of scratches and swirls and I am extremely carefull to wipe fingerprints off with a very soft cloth. I can't wait to get rid of this vehicle; however, E350's have not held their value and I am considerably underwater. Again, buyer beware!

First MB
By maxovrdriv

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 2dr Convertible (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

This is my first Mercedes. Have owned BMW740 ( perhaps worst car I have ever owned) Infinity Q45, and Lexus LS 430. This car is as fun to drive as any of them . As far as ride quality goes, however, the Lexus is leaps and bounds in front of this car. However, I got this car for the performance and it has not let me down. This car jumps when your doing 40 and step on it. It is flat out fun to drive. My older Corvettes were to old to compare but insofar as fun factor, yea its right there. Seats are a little stiff, sound system is okay, nothing great. The nav system is so-so at best, seems like most in cars are years behind the cell phones anyway, but it does work.

Do like being able to sync my phone and not have all the info stored in the car, in case the car is borrowed for a long period of time by people I don't know. Without a doubt the best part of this car is the performance, gas mileage is actually not to bad considering and at times on the freeway I get over 25 mpg.

Without a doubt it needs heads up display and blind spot indicators on the side mirrors. Such an easy feature these days considering all the cameras around the car.

MB does not live up to its reputation
By rockinrn

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have waited for almost a year to write a review on my 2014 E350 with sport package in order to live with the car for a while and not make any hasty judgements. I have always wanted an E 350 and I regret to say that I am very disappointed. First I would like to say that the car does not exhibit the solidity that MBs are known for. My car has many creaks and rattles from the extensive plastic parts used in the interior. The standard seats are firm, but extremely uncomfortable; more uncomfortable than any car I have ever owned and I have owned over 20 new cars since I have been driving. The sport suspension is overly harsh. All in all very sad for a car costing $61,000. Beware of MB!

Still can't wait for the lease to be over. I'll never buy or lease another Mercedes product.