2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Much improvement is needed
By marvinlee2 on 06/01/14 10:53 AM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

The front standard seats are miserably hard and un-conforming, plus being too low at any setting. Road noise isolation is also poor and worse than the Toyota cars I rent on flying trip destinations. The engine emits rude noises on initial cold start up, a problem which is euphemistically referred to in the owner's manual as "a different sound." Pluses include a smooth and effective engine stop-start system at stoplights, ample power, excellent initial reliability, and good body finish and fit. Overall, I would rather have the new Kia K900 as it offers me more luxury and features for the same or less amount of money.

Impressions after 3 months
By trussell1 on 04/27/14 19:32 PM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

E550 coupe beautiful to look at and super light on its feet. Sleek and such a head turner I've only seen one other in my large city in 3 months. What I don't like- I hate the Eco mode and that it can't be turned off permanently. It's smooth as silk when riding in comfort mode- you hardly notice it but if you are like me and like to drive it in sports mode you won't be happy. It's a obvious feeling/ sound. I now just turn it off nearly every start because I mainly drive I. The city and it's just annoying to have it power down each stop. Internet radio is a waste- it takes like 5 min to get a signal and forget changing the Chanel it has to reload all over again.

A sophisticated 1969 GTO
By mercedesmaven on 01/24/14 10:43 AM (PST)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Recently bought the Mercedes E550 Coupe. If you miss the open air feel of the a 60's muscle car coupe with no B pillar and gobs of horsepower and torque, then seriously consider this car. In fact, it is the only mid sized coupe with no B pillar and a big V8 engine currently available. Think a 1969 Pontiac GTO built by Mercedes; you would actually pay twice as much for a restored like new condition GTO and get half the car. I know, I owned one, and this car puts most any muscle car to shame including the new comparably priced Shelby Mustang; I had one if them too. 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, conservatively rated at 402 HP and 443 ft/lbs of torque, out handles any 60's muscle car, >20 mpg city/hwy.

What fun!
By revdr2 on 09/07/13 17:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Sporty yet comfortable. Better than expected mpg. Standard sound system superb. Switched from Audi because they did not have comparable coupe. This is nicest car I ever owned

Wow!
By stephenkohl on 08/07/13 09:09 AM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Have been driving my new 2014 E550 Coupe for about a week, and it is remarkable. I switched from a BMW 535 and there is no comparison. The E550 is a rocket, rides like a dream, and contrary to some places write, I feel much more connected to the road. The interior is gorgeous, exterior is sleek and beautiful, and the technology is fantastic. I was a little worried that the Lane Departure, Blind Spot, and other systems might be intrusive, but frankly, make it even more fun to drive. Gas mileage is about what you would expect, though the on/off feature should help, and is virtually unnoticed when stopped. Sound system is also first ate

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe in VA is:

$194 per month*