2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Most Helpful|
Impressions after 3 months
By trussell1

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

E550 coupe beautiful to look at and super light on its feet. Sleek and such a head turner I've only seen one other in my large city in 3 months. What I don't like- I hate the Eco mode and that it can't be turned off permanently. It's smooth as silk when riding in comfort mode- you hardly notice it but if you are like me and like to drive it in sports mode you won't be happy. It's a obvious feeling/ sound. I now just turn it off nearly every start because I mainly drive I. The city and it's just annoying to have it power down each stop. Internet radio is a waste- it takes like 5 min to get a signal and forget changing the Chanel it has to reload all over again.

Favorite Features

Styling in and out, trunk release allows seats to fold down flat and we got two huge airline bags in trunk with two carry ons and three backpacks all in the trunk! Love that the large trunk pops up and doors can be locked. Easy to get in back seat since it rolls forward and then back into position by itself. Great stereo. Like the displays in front of eyes and not just on nav screen. Love the pillar less windows and big clear panarama sunroof. Sterrong and drove is quality. 550 is So fast and great at cornering and acceleration. Like the white diamond always looks clean but has a nice metallic look to it- love the wheel they are a great two toned look. Love the auto door opener

Suggested Improvements

Don't really care for the back up camera it is slow at responding compared to Lexus and it's not as easy to use . My 360 camera has also been having issues sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't also satellite radio is always updating but not always working. I hate that all radio bands don't combine as one , rather than having to go between fm and satellite separately. Hate the Eco start it's not smooth on sports mode.you feel it start back up Internet radio useless takes too long to load. Gas mileage not terrific but I drive mainly sports mode. Seats are not very padded. Leather is sturdy but seats are hard. Wish wood steering wheel was heated. Cup holders should be covered.

Much improvement is needed
By marvinlee2

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

The front standard seats are miserably hard and un-conforming, plus being too low at any setting. Road noise isolation is also poor and worse than the Toyota cars I rent on flying trip destinations. The engine emits rude noises on initial cold start up, a problem which is euphemistically referred to in the owner's manual as "a different sound." Pluses include a smooth and effective engine stop-start system at stoplights, ample power, excellent initial reliability, and good body finish and fit. Overall, I would rather have the new Kia K900 as it offers me more luxury and features for the same or less amount of money.

Favorite Features

Power, fit and finish, initial reliability

Suggested Improvements

Better seats, more headroom, better road noise isolation, quieter engine at startup.

A sophisticated 1969 GTO
By mercedesmaven

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Recently bought the Mercedes E550 Coupe. If you miss the open air feel of the a 60's muscle car coupe with no B pillar and gobs of horsepower and torque, then seriously consider this car. In fact, it is the only mid sized coupe with no B pillar and a big V8 engine currently available. Think a 1969 Pontiac GTO built by Mercedes; you would actually pay twice as much for a restored like new condition GTO and get half the car. I know, I owned one, and this car puts most any muscle car to shame including the new comparably priced Shelby Mustang; I had one if them too. 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, conservatively rated at 402 HP and 443 ft/lbs of torque, out handles any 60's muscle car, >20 mpg city/hwy.

Favorite Features

The twin turbo V8 engine is a marvel. Tons of smoothly delivered HP and torque, great rumbling exhaust with the windows down, but quiet enough with the windows up so you can listen to the great sound system. It unbelievably returns over 20 MPG combined city/hwy for a car with this much power and performance weighing 4,150 pounds. Totally unobtrusive driver assistance package, which in no way interferes with the driving experience, but will probably save you from doing major damage and killing yourself if you do not respect the power at hand.

Suggested Improvements

None; this could be the perfect blend of comfort, performance, mileage, and looks.

Wow!
By stephenkohl

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Have been driving my new 2014 E550 Coupe for about a week, and it is remarkable. I switched from a BMW 535 and there is no comparison. The E550 is a rocket, rides like a dream, and contrary to some places write, I feel much more connected to the road. The interior is gorgeous, exterior is sleek and beautiful, and the technology is fantastic. I was a little worried that the Lane Departure, Blind Spot, and other systems might be intrusive, but frankly, make it even more fun to drive. Gas mileage is about what you would expect, though the on/off feature should help, and is virtually unnoticed when stopped. Sound system is also first ate

Favorite Features

Engine, safety technology, seats, I guess, everything

Suggested Improvements

Can't find any yet.

What fun!
By revdr2

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Sporty yet comfortable. Better than expected mpg. Standard sound system superb. Switched from Audi because they did not have comparable coupe. This is nicest car I ever owned

Favorite Features

Lane awareness system a good safety feature. Seats are really comfortable. ECO system works much better than I imagined it would.

Suggested Improvements

Power side mirror retracting would be helpful