2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2014 E-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Sort Reviews by

Great car with some minor setbacks
By joe41296

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible E550 2dr Convertible (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

I love the look of the car, the more aggressive grille that comes with the 550 and the performance is exquisite. The 402 horsepower and 443 lb/ft of torque usually puts me at 60 in about 4.6 seconds. The car has a great ride quality and when in sport mode really feels like a 'Drivers car." When Driving the car there is a noticeable rattle the comes from the A pillar and is present even on fairly smooth roads. Convertibles are more prone to these types of issues however when driving a BMW 650i convertible this rattling was not present. Furthermore, there is a slight squeaking noise that seems to originate from the front axle or suspension and just occurs now and again and then goes away.

Favorite Features

Performance, Engine sound, Multiple Sport Modes which tighten the suspension, sharpen steering and improves engine response and acceleration. The look of the car is already great but with the 550 comes a more aggressive front and back bumper, and slightly flared out rear wheel wells. The breaks are also wickedly strong in this car and in my own testing appeared to bring the car from 60-0 at 100% breaking in between 106-109 feet.

Suggested Improvements

4matic, Hard top roof and slightly more head room in the rear seats would make this car even better. Also, even in Manual transmission mode l the car will shift for you well before the red line. When in manual, the shifting should really be completely in the drivers control and if the car does shift for you, this should only happen if the engine is in danger of severe damage due to driving past the red line for a prolonged period of time. Lastly I believe that the car should probably be sold for a little less than what it goes for. My car is priced at $82,000 and I could have gotten a BMW M4 convertible for around this price range which many may believe would be "more bang for your buck."

Mostly Quite Pleased
By sammyddc

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I leased this car after a few great years with an E-Class Sedan. It was basically perfect and I had a lot of trepidation about switching to a less practical car. I love my new cabriolet! It's got great steering and handling, a wonderful turn radius and the trim level is terrific. Otherwise, I love putting the top down on any dry day.

Favorite Features

Awesome speaker system, slightly better navigation system than previous years - you can say the whole address at once and the Bluetooth is more responsive. AirScarf is great - also enjoy how smooth conversations are with windows up and Aircap on the highway.

Suggested Improvements

Here are my small gripes: I like the old dual headlights better than the single one - I find them a bit cold. Also, the cupholders aren't well placed - with things in them, you can't really get to the AC controls easily. Obviously, I wish this came as a 4Matic and would love better gas mileage, but knew what it was when I signed up for it. Also, the iPhone interface doesn't jibe well with iOS 7 - at all. This was a problem on my 2012 E350 Sedan as well.

2014 E550 Cabriolet
By gstahl

This is a dream car come true. I love the performance, the build quality, the technology is amazing! My wife and I have 2 children and love top down driving! With the windows up and the air cap all four of us can talk with the top down doing 70 mph on the interstate. I have researched convertibles for 2 years before I ordered this car. I looked at BMW 6 series convertible, Audi RS5 convertible to mention a few. Without question, none of them come close to the E550 cab. If you are looking for performance, comfort, technology, cruising for a family of 4 this is it! I enjoy the driver assistant package. In stop in go traffic it does the driving!

Favorite Features

Engine, air cap, air scarf, driver assistance package, parking assist, lighting package.

Suggested Improvements

None!

Great time to buy - pricing is excellent
By slaminsam

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes E350 convert is brand new for 2014 - a redesign, and well worth it. The interior is just sick....The Premium 1 Package anlong with the Sport Package are a must have with this car. The AMG wheels, wood and leather steering, Keyless Go options are a must. The Harman/Kardon Logic 7 stereo system, Navi & Rear Camera com[plete the driver experience. Bought it for my wife, and happy wife = happy Life - Sticker @ $68,945 - out the door in September $60,842 - wow

Favorite Features

Looks and size - as mentioned the premium 1 and Sport package w/AMG performance upgrades are a must.

Suggested Improvements

ECO Engine Mgt system is weird - car shuts off while at stop lights and then just turns back on and goes with a press of the gas pedal...Says it saves fuel - we will see -wonder if the starter takes a hit 5 years out ?