2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
4 cylinder luxury vehicle
By MTCS on 12/05/14 16:52 PM (PST)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E250 Luxury BlueTEC 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

The 2014 E250 Bluetec 4matic has a vibration at higher speeds that sometimes goes away once the car finds the right gear. I have 700 miles and the computer on the dash says I am getting 34.5mpg. The car gets over 40 mpg on the highway easily. I bought the2014 E250 Bluetec for the fuel efficiency, the longevity, and it is the only E class they had that still has the 3 point star on the hood. I have read all the horror stories about Mercedes Benz but at 700 miles I have not had a single problem. I think I will keep this one for a long time.

Wagon Bliss
By mb550 on 11/10/14 14:25 PM (PST)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased this vehicle on July 30, 2014 and it now has 3,500 miles on the odometer. I've been driving high-end European vehicles for over 40 years, a number of which have been MB products, and this is the first time I have not had one occasion to return to the dealer for an adjustment or problem with the car. The vehicle came loaded and it took a few drives to acclimatize to all the systems, particularly the advanced driving system. After more than 3 months of ownership I can say, without hesitation, this is one of the finest automobiles I have driven.

Stay away from this car
By george219 on 10/29/14 22:12 PM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Our car had issues as soon as we drove it off the lot, loose parts, noises, uncomfortable seat, rough/unpredictable transmission shifting, and vibration. We did not test drive the car beforehand because we are very familiar with the car having driven several over the years. The first week we had it (and if you have any issues, immediately turn around and get your money back) it was in service, loose parts fixed, two new tires, reprogrammed transmission. Still vibrated, still shifted poorly, so it went back again and again, all four tires have been replaced and the MB "expert" attributes the vibration to "road feel" which is most certainly is not. Car still shifts unpredictably at times.

Love this E250 Luxury model
By profe9 on 10/14/14 09:17 AM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E250 Luxury BlueTEC 4dr Sedan (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

If you can, order the active multi contour driver's seat. It makes driving a real pleasure. The 40 plus mpg highway adds to the experience. Diesels are making quite a resurgence in the states, and for good reason. The suspension on the Luxury truly provides a much smoother ride than the Sport model. I highly recommend it and, at a minimum, try to drive both before you buy. It is becoming more difficult to find this type of "your father's" luxury car ride. Look no farther than this automobile. Buy one and enjoy the ride!

E400 Hybrid a great car
By chrisl5 on 08/24/14 23:35 PM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E400 Sport Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 7A)

I have test driven a lot of hybrid cars and even the all electric car. Finally decided to get the all new 2014 E-400 hybrid. The transition between the hybrid and gas is smooth. The feel of the car is nice & solid. The local driving on hybrid is fun. When signed up with MBrace and MBrace+, the car is even more fun with all the internet functions. I like the voice recognition to input into navi system. My average city/highway is 30 mpg, non-aggressive driving, has some uphill/ downhill.

Mostly Quite Pleased
By sammyddc on 06/29/14 14:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I leased this car after a few great years with an E-Class Sedan. It was basically perfect and I had a lot of trepidation about switching to a less practical car. I love my new cabriolet! It's got great steering and handling, a wonderful turn radius and the trim level is terrific. Otherwise, I love putting the top down on any dry day.

Much improvement is needed
By marvinlee2 on 06/01/14 10:53 AM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

The front standard seats are miserably hard and un-conforming, plus being too low at any setting. Road noise isolation is also poor and worse than the Toyota cars I rent on flying trip destinations. The engine emits rude noises on initial cold start up, a problem which is euphemistically referred to in the owner's manual as "a different sound." Pluses include a smooth and effective engine stop-start system at stoplights, ample power, excellent initial reliability, and good body finish and fit. Overall, I would rather have the new Kia K900 as it offers me more luxury and features for the same or less amount of money.

Impressions after 3 months
By trussell1 on 04/27/14 19:32 PM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

E550 coupe beautiful to look at and super light on its feet. Sleek and such a head turner I've only seen one other in my large city in 3 months. What I don't like- I hate the Eco mode and that it can't be turned off permanently. It's smooth as silk when riding in comfort mode- you hardly notice it but if you are like me and like to drive it in sports mode you won't be happy. It's a obvious feeling/ sound. I now just turn it off nearly every start because I mainly drive I. The city and it's just annoying to have it power down each stop. Internet radio is a waste- it takes like 5 min to get a signal and forget changing the Chanel it has to reload all over again.

Ongoing safety issues with my 2014 E63S
By 83zx83 on 04/27/14 09:36 AM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4MATIC S-Model 4dr Wagon AWD (5.5L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Real safety issue unresolved after 6 months and 6000 miles. My wife and son will no longer get in the car, forget about them driving it. Wild/out of control bucking when accelerating after cold start. May be limited to this specific car/vin. I am trying to resolve with MBUSA and my dealer - frankly I don't trust the car anymore

My 2014 E350 Sedan Sport not a quality machine
By ericl33 on 04/18/14 19:32 PM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Car in shop too many times for too many issues in first month of ownership. Long time loyalty to brand to the tune of 1 new MB a year for several years. Asked them to buy car back before the issues grow. Two systems they still cannot fix - 360 camera and Sirius radio. They told me they are happy to honor the warranty but will not take car back. So much for loyalty. MBUSA customer service is under trained and incapable of client retention. 3000 miles on car in shop two times for two weeks with the service area working on items and not able to fully repair. MBUSA aware of factory 360 camera issue, Sirius - no clue. 30% chance that something will not work when driven.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.