2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

First MB
By maxovrdriv

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 2dr Convertible (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

This is my first Mercedes. Have owned BMW740 ( perhaps worst car I have ever owned) Infinity Q45, and Lexus LS 430. This car is as fun to drive as any of them . As far as ride quality goes, however, the Lexus is leaps and bounds in front of this car. However, I got this car for the performance and it has not let me down. This car jumps when your doing 40 and step on it. It is flat out fun to drive. My older Corvettes were to old to compare but insofar as fun factor, yea its right there. Seats are a little stiff, sound system is okay, nothing great. The nav system is so-so at best, seems like most in cars are years behind the cell phones anyway, but it does work.

Do like being able to sync my phone and not have all the info stored in the car, in case the car is borrowed for a long period of time by people I don't know. Without a doubt the best part of this car is the performance, gas mileage is actually not to bad considering and at times on the freeway I get over 25 mpg.

Without a doubt it needs heads up display and blind spot indicators on the side mirrors. Such an easy feature these days considering all the cameras around the car.

MB does not live up to its reputation
By rockinrn

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have waited for almost a year to write a review on my 2014 E350 with sport package in order to live with the car for a while and not make any hasty judgements. I have always wanted an E 350 and I regret to say that I am very disappointed. First I would like to say that the car does not exhibit the solidity that MBs are known for. My car has many creaks and rattles from the extensive plastic parts used in the interior. The standard seats are firm, but extremely uncomfortable; more uncomfortable than any car I have ever owned and I have owned over 20 new cars since I have been driving. The sport suspension is overly harsh. All in all very sad for a car costing $61,000. Beware of MB!

Very smooth V-6 engine. Good upgraded stereo. Great styling. So far good MB service department.

Refine suspension. Improve herky, jerky 7 speed transmission. Improve build quality to eliminate Creaks and rattles.

Great car with some minor setbacks
By joe41296

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 2dr Convertible (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

I love the look of the car, the more aggressive grille that comes with the 550 and the performance is exquisite. The 402 horsepower and 443 lb/ft of torque usually puts me at 60 in about 4.6 seconds. The car has a great ride quality and when in sport mode really feels like a 'Drivers car." When Driving the car there is a noticeable rattle the comes from the A pillar and is present even on fairly smooth roads. Convertibles are more prone to these types of issues however when driving a BMW 650i convertible this rattling was not present. Furthermore, there is a slight squeaking noise that seems to originate from the front axle or suspension and just occurs now and again and then goes away.

Performance, Engine sound, Multiple Sport Modes which tighten the suspension, sharpen steering and improves engine response and acceleration. The look of the car is already great but with the 550 comes a more aggressive front and back bumper, and slightly flared out rear wheel wells. The breaks are also wickedly strong in this car and in my own testing appeared to bring the car from 60-0 at 100% breaking in between 106-109 feet.

4matic, Hard top roof and slightly more head room in the rear seats would make this car even better. Also, even in Manual transmission mode l the car will shift for you well before the red line. When in manual, the shifting should really be completely in the drivers control and if the car does shift for you, this should only happen if the engine is in danger of severe damage due to driving past the red line for a prolonged period of time. Lastly I believe that the car should probably be sold for a little less than what it goes for. My car is priced at $82,000 and I could have gotten a BMW M4 convertible for around this price range which many may believe would be "more bang for your buck."

4 cylinder luxury vehicle
By MTCS

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E250 Luxury BlueTEC 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

The 2014 E250 Bluetec 4matic has a vibration at higher speeds that sometimes goes away once the car finds the right gear. I have 700 miles and the computer on the dash says I am getting 34.5mpg. The car gets over 40 mpg on the highway easily. I bought the2014 E250 Bluetec for the fuel efficiency, the longevity, and it is the only E class they had that still has the 3 point star on the hood. I have read all the horror stories about Mercedes Benz but at 700 miles I have not had a single problem. I think I will keep this one for a long time.

The cruise control is pretty neat. I have the base sound system and it is better than the Hamon Kardon imho.

The light cluster for the dome light and the moon roof have the Mercedes Benz version of On-star which are just in the way. Not sure why Mercedes Benz nickel and dimes you with Navigation and back up camera and XM radio being extras at this price point should be standard. Soften the suspension on the Luxury models, the comfort suspension needs improvement. Not everyone wants to feel every bump in the road!

Wagon Bliss
By mb550

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Wagon AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased this vehicle on July 30, 2014 and it now has 3,500 miles on the odometer. I've been driving high-end European vehicles for over 40 years, a number of which have been MB products, and this is the first time I have not had one occasion to return to the dealer for an adjustment or problem with the car. The vehicle came loaded and it took a few drives to acclimatize to all the systems, particularly the advanced driving system. After more than 3 months of ownership I can say, without hesitation, this is one of the finest automobiles I have driven.

The Nav's maps are out of date and it would be preferable to have an internet based navigation system which could be updated on a regular basis for a nominal fee.