2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Mostly Quite Pleased
By sammyddc on 06/29/14 14:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I leased this car after a few great years with an E-Class Sedan. It was basically perfect and I had a lot of trepidation about switching to a less practical car. I love my new cabriolet! It's got great steering and handling, a wonderful turn radius and the trim level is terrific. Otherwise, I love putting the top down on any dry day.

Much improvement is needed
By marvinlee2 on 06/01/14 10:53 AM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

The front standard seats are miserably hard and un-conforming, plus being too low at any setting. Road noise isolation is also poor and worse than the Toyota cars I rent on flying trip destinations. The engine emits rude noises on initial cold start up, a problem which is euphemistically referred to in the owner's manual as "a different sound." Pluses include a smooth and effective engine stop-start system at stoplights, ample power, excellent initial reliability, and good body finish and fit. Overall, I would rather have the new Kia K900 as it offers me more luxury and features for the same or less amount of money.

Impressions after 3 months
By trussell1 on 04/27/14 19:32 PM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

E550 coupe beautiful to look at and super light on its feet. Sleek and such a head turner I've only seen one other in my large city in 3 months. What I don't like- I hate the Eco mode and that it can't be turned off permanently. It's smooth as silk when riding in comfort mode- you hardly notice it but if you are like me and like to drive it in sports mode you won't be happy. It's a obvious feeling/ sound. I now just turn it off nearly every start because I mainly drive I. The city and it's just annoying to have it power down each stop. Internet radio is a waste- it takes like 5 min to get a signal and forget changing the Chanel it has to reload all over again.

Ongoing safety issues with my 2014 E63S
By 83zx83 on 04/27/14 09:36 AM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E63 AMG 4MATIC S-Model 4dr Wagon AWD (5.5L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Real safety issue unresolved after 6 months and 6000 miles. My wife and son will no longer get in the car, forget about them driving it. Wild/out of control bucking when accelerating after cold start. May be limited to this specific car/vin. I am trying to resolve with MBUSA and my dealer - frankly I don't trust the car anymore

My 2014 E350 Sedan Sport not a quality machine
By ericl33 on 04/18/14 19:32 PM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Car in shop too many times for too many issues in first month of ownership. Long time loyalty to brand to the tune of 1 new MB a year for several years. Asked them to buy car back before the issues grow. Two systems they still cannot fix - 360 camera and Sirius radio. They told me they are happy to honor the warranty but will not take car back. So much for loyalty. MBUSA customer service is under trained and incapable of client retention. 3000 miles on car in shop two times for two weeks with the service area working on items and not able to fully repair. MBUSA aware of factory 360 camera issue, Sirius - no clue. 30% chance that something will not work when driven.

A sophisticated 1969 GTO
By mercedesmaven on 01/24/14 10:43 AM (PST)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 2dr Coupe (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Recently bought the Mercedes E550 Coupe. If you miss the open air feel of the a 60's muscle car coupe with no B pillar and gobs of horsepower and torque, then seriously consider this car. In fact, it is the only mid sized coupe with no B pillar and a big V8 engine currently available. Think a 1969 Pontiac GTO built by Mercedes; you would actually pay twice as much for a restored like new condition GTO and get half the car. I know, I owned one, and this car puts most any muscle car to shame including the new comparably priced Shelby Mustang; I had one if them too. 0-60 in 4.9 seconds, conservatively rated at 402 HP and 443 ft/lbs of torque, out handles any 60's muscle car, >20 mpg city/hwy.

Bit disappointing
By ttibio on 11/12/13 20:51 PM (PST)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E250 Sport BlueTEC 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (2.1L 4cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Just picked up a loaded, ordered spec 2014 E250. Selected this primarily for the Distronic Plus with Steering Assist, diesel range and AWD. Cost not a particular concern. M-B USA definitely miss the point here for all their 'marketing prowess' - international versions have smarter equipment choices. As everyone notes: no power folding mirrors!? Forget the rest of the gizmos, not being able to fold in mirrors easily in NYC in a luxury is incredible. Tiny nav screen, no available rear heated seats, old fashioned Apple 32-pin connector on s new 2014 model).. c'mon how much are the bean-counters at M-B USA really saving here? Not a good first impression compared to my BMW Porsche or Range Rover.

2014 E550 Cabriolet
By gstahl on 10/06/13 10:05 AM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 2dr Convertible (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

This is a dream car come true. I love the performance, the build quality, the technology is amazing! My wife and I have 2 children and love top down driving! With the windows up and the air cap all four of us can talk with the top down doing 70 mph on the interstate. I have researched convertibles for 2 years before I ordered this car. I looked at BMW 6 series convertible, Audi RS5 convertible to mention a few. Without question, none of them come close to the E550 cab. If you are looking for performance, comfort, technology, cruising for a family of 4 this is it! I enjoy the driver assistant package. In stop in go traffic it does the driving!

Great time to buy - pricing is excellent
By slaminsam on 09/13/13 10:21 AM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The Mercedes E350 convert is brand new for 2014 - a redesign, and well worth it. The interior is just sick....The Premium 1 Package anlong with the Sport Package are a must have with this car. The AMG wheels, wood and leather steering, Keyless Go options are a must. The Harman/Kardon Logic 7 stereo system, Navi & Rear Camera com[plete the driver experience. Bought it for my wife, and happy wife = happy Life - Sticker @ $68,945 - out the door in September $60,842 - wow

What fun!
By revdr2 on 09/07/13 17:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Sporty yet comfortable. Better than expected mpg. Standard sound system superb. Switched from Audi because they did not have comparable coupe. This is nicest car I ever owned

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.