2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Not what I expected from MB

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

E350 Sport Sedan (3.5L V6 7-speed Automatic)

Not what I expected from MB
By oldcentrist on

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I leased a 2013 E350 sport sedan about 7 months ago.
When I picked up the car the door had a scratch in it.
Great, band new car, already repainted.
TThen the car developed a pronounced rattle at idle.
The dealer fixed it by adding felt tape along side the "fuel line". (!?)
6 months later I test drove a C300 and noticed it had
less exhaust system noise/drone.
I took the E350 in and they compared it to other E350 sedans and agreed my exhaust system was make an unusually loud droning noise.
They contacted MB and were told that there were other complaints on this issue and that a "case" had been opened but there was no resolution yet.
I was told to check back in 6 months!?
UPDATE: I contacted Mercedes Benz US Corporate Headquarters and complained about the brush off by the dealer. The dealer contacted me the next day an ask me to bring the car back in. They kept it for 4 days and when I picked it up it was improved but still louder that many other E350s. I turned the car in at lease end and picked up a 2015 GLK 350. After driving the GLK for several months I have found it to be a much better vehicle. It has better visabillity, it's much quieter (both engine/exhaust noise and road noise), rides much smother, and is much more responsive (both acceleration and steering). It's also rock solid. When you hit a bump you hear a thump but no body vibration at all. It imparts a sense of real quality which was lacking in the E350. The looks of the GLK are, well, you either love them or hate them. But other than that everything else about the GLK has far exceeded my expectations. Unfortunately the E350 fell far short.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review