2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: Mercedes, now: bad cars, bad s

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

E350 Luxury Sedan (3.5L V6 7-speed Automatic)

Mercedes, now: bad cars, bad service. Take it from a customer of 15+ years
By tab10 on

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Until recently I had a MBZ C230 and E350. After 5+ years of owning my C230 I started having problems with it. I am not the kind of person who complains after owning a car for more than 5 years. This latest incident, though, with a newly leased 2013 E350 with bells and whistles has actually ended my relationship with Mercedes for good.
I have already traded in my C230 for another car from another luxury car maker, I intend to trade in my E350 in due time. The 3 year lease on the E350 has more than 2 years left on it (so the incident described below happened with a car that is only ~10 months old).See below.See "suggested improvements" for incident

My wife drove the car to her work and when she tried to start the car after her usual work day, it would not start; actually nothing electrical seemed to work. She was finally able to open the passenger side door, but there was no response from the car. From the dark parking she called the Mercedes Roadside Assistance 800 number. 3 hrs later someone showed up. There was a noise coming out of the engine when restarted. I towed the car next day to dealership. The found nothing. They changed the battery.We asked to trade in the car.after 10+ calls with no response, they agreed to $100 compensation.I was out $65 for towing and $35 for rental while they repaired the car. No more Mercedes for me.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review