E350 4MATIC Sport
By jbryanh on
2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
Moved up to the E-class from 2011 C300 4Matic Sport because I wanted a slightly larger vehicle. The E350 certainly accomplished that. Compared to the C300 sport the E350 ride is more comfortable but a little less "sporty". There is a some body roll noted when driving even mildly aggressive but not so enough to ruin the driving experience. There is plenty of power from the 302hp V6 and surprisingly reasonable gas mileage, thus far. Just like with my previous MB, I wanted a vehicle that stood out a little from the other MBs commonly seen. I opted for the sport trim (obviously), the 18" AMG twin spoke wheel package and rear deck-lid spoiler. Aside from appearance choices, I went with P2 p
Favorite Features
V6 - plenty of power P1 package with nav is a must in this class of vehicle P2 package - keyless go with touch lock/unlock, trunk closer and adaptive highbeams with cornerning feature are great features - **highly recommend** Panoroof - my kids love riding in the back seat and having a roof to look out through Classy, clean, attractive exterior styling all-around COMAND system is intuitive, web browsing w/apps feature in '13 models is a fun toy if you end up waiting in the car for something. Front seats are comfortable and offer good support laterally.
Suggested Improvements
In my opinion, anything in this price range should come with standard leather interior not just standard on the V8 models. The wind deflector with the panoroof is a perforated fabric material that whistles at speeds above 40mph, a plastic deflector would eliminate this minor annoyance. Lane tracker and other driver assist features are nice but seem a bit costly to have to be add-ons in a $60+ vehicle.