2013 E350 Harman Kardon weak bass
By jls10 on
2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
This 2013 is my fifth E class. I also have owned S class, CLK, C class, SLK. I traded a 2013 Equss with 10k miles for this new 2013 E because I missed the feeling of being connected to the road. . I have 6k miles on the E car. My big disappointment in the new E with Harman Kardon Pro Logic 7 is the radio. There is not enough low end.. bass. I noticed others complaining about lack of bass in E cars. This 2013 is my fifth E class. I also have owned S class, CLK, C class, SLK. I traded a 2013 Equss with 10k miles for this new 2013 E because I missed the feeling of being connected to the road. . I have 6k miles on the E car. My big disappointment in the new E with Harman Kardon
Favorite Features
I like the road handling and the feel of the steering wheel. Performance is very good and fuel mileage is excellent. My last 1500 miles averaged 29mpg with an average speed of 39mph. With all freeway driving at 65mph it will do 30.5mpg on level terrain . This is actual mileage and the computer usually shows about .5 mpg better. Pretty close.
Suggested Improvements
When I turn up the volume and increase bass there is very little sound coming from the rear mounted sub. I have to get my ear within 6 inches of the sub just to tell if it’s working at all. (while in the back seat I can hear the bass coming from the front) I checked the sub amp and noticed it never get warm. When I disconnected the amp there was no change in the sound. It seems to me the amp is doing nothing. A MB dealer was at a loss and suggested I leave the car with then while they thing of something. I said if you think of something, call me and I’ll bring the car back.