Used 2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Never again....back to Lexus
By dpendley3

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Once I hit 65,000 miles... - Engine oil leak - AC motor bad - Motor Mounts collapsed - 275.00 key If this is luxury driving, I want out. I will go back to Lexus, Acura, or Infinity. This is a joke. Now I know why they have free cappuccino at the dealer...because you will be there a lot! Never will buy a Mercedes again! Horrible car for the money.

Mercedes, now: bad cars, bad service. Take it from a customer of 15+ years
By tab10

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Until recently I had a MBZ C230 and E350. After 5+ years of owning my C230 I started having problems with it. I am not the kind of person who complains after owning a car for more than 5 years. This latest incident, though, with a newly leased 2013 E350 with bells and whistles has actually ended my relationship with Mercedes for good. I have already traded in my C230 for another car from another luxury car maker, I intend to trade in my E350 in due time. The 3 year lease on the E350 has more than 2 years left on it (so the incident described below happened with a car that is only ~10 months old).See below.See "suggested improvements" for incident

My wife drove the car to her work and when she tried to start the car after her usual work day, it would not start; actually nothing electrical seemed to work. She was finally able to open the passenger side door, but there was no response from the car. From the dark parking she called the Mercedes Roadside Assistance 800 number. 3 hrs later someone showed up. There was a noise coming out of the engine when restarted. I towed the car next day to dealership. The found nothing. They changed the battery.We asked to trade in the car.after 10+ calls with no response, they agreed to $100 compensation.I was out $65 for towing and $35 for rental while they repaired the car. No more Mercedes for me.

Not what I expected from MB
By oldcentrist

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I leased a 2013 E350 sport sedan about 7 months ago. When I picked up the car the door had a scratch in it. Great, band new car, already repainted. TThen the car developed a pronounced rattle at idle. The dealer fixed it by adding felt tape along side the "fuel line". (!?) 6 months later I test drove a C300 and noticed it had less exhaust system noise/drone. I took the E350 in and they compared it to other E350 sedans and agreed my exhaust system was make an unusually loud droning noise. They contacted MB and were told that there were other complaints on this issue and that a "case" had been opened but there was no resolution yet. I was told to check back in 6 months!?

Multimedia functions, very solid feel, very low road/tire noise.

Fix the exhaust noise. Also the engine sounds as if it staining during acceleration, unlike the very smooth an effortless feel of a BMW engine.

Balance shaft - MBZ does not stand behind
By mbzpain

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great car, comfortable and great value. BUT be careful, as Mercedes does not stands behind their products. I have a MBZ E350, and at 63K, I got a check engine problem that required a balance shaft to be changed at the cost of $6K, because of a shaft that was not properly tempered. MBZ clearly built a product that was flawed, as about 20% of the cars that has the E350 engine had the problem. BUT they leaved us poor users to deal with it, and didn't stand behind their poor craftmaship product.

Drives great on hwy, comfortable seats

MBZ should stand behind the product that they manufacture. It is unacceptable that the engine of a car with 60K would have a critical part that would wear out so soon.

2013 E350 Harman Kardon weak bass
By jls10

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This 2013 is my fifth E class. I also have owned S class, CLK, C class, SLK. I traded a 2013 Equss with 10k miles for this new 2013 E because I missed the feeling of being connected to the road. . I have 6k miles on the E car. My big disappointment in the new E with Harman Kardon Pro Logic 7 is the radio. There is not enough low end.. bass. I noticed others complaining about lack of bass in E cars. This 2013 is my fifth E class. I also have owned S class, CLK, C class, SLK. I traded a 2013 Equss with 10k miles for this new 2013 E because I missed the feeling of being connected to the road. . I have 6k miles on the E car. My big disappointment in the new E with Harman Kardon

I like the road handling and the feel of the steering wheel. Performance is very good and fuel mileage is excellent. My last 1500 miles averaged 29mpg with an average speed of 39mph. With all freeway driving at 65mph it will do 30.5mpg on level terrain . This is actual mileage and the computer usually shows about .5 mpg better. Pretty close.

When I turn up the volume and increase bass there is very little sound coming from the rear mounted sub. I have to get my ear within 6 inches of the sub just to tell if it’s working at all. (while in the back seat I can hear the bass coming from the front) I checked the sub amp and noticed it never get warm. When I disconnected the amp there was no change in the sound. It seems to me the amp is doing nothing. A MB dealer was at a loss and suggested I leave the car with then while they thing of something. I said if you think of something, call me and I’ll bring the car back.

• SUV