2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Never again....back to Lexus
By dpendley3 on 05/15/14 10:11 AM (PDT)

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Once I hit 65,000 miles... - Engine oil leak - AC motor bad - Motor Mounts collapsed - 275.00 key If this is luxury driving, I want out. I will go back to Lexus, Acura, or Infinity. This is a joke. Now I know why they have free cappuccino at the dealer...because you will be there a lot! Never will buy a Mercedes again! Horrible car for the money.

Not worth the extra cost of owning a BluTech
By solarwinds on 04/06/14 12:21 PM (PDT)

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport BlueTEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I have owned 3 MB diesel sedans and they were great fast efficient low maintenance bullet proof especially the 1998 E300 a rocket and 29 mpg ave :) MB with the help of the EPA has put the diesel line up in MB a liability to dive not a durable 500K mile car... For one you have to purchase 35.00 a BluTech fluid every oil change... at 7 gallons a pop... Perhaps you could put any DEF from a chain store at 12 a gallon... Why the need for an expensive exhaust system how much will it cost to replace? On the EClass a Diesel comes with RFT because of the blue tank. So a guy who drives say 50 to 200 miles a day must rely on RFT and have no spare... to make room for a Urea tank... S350 has a spare

Mercedes, now: bad cars, bad service. Take it from a customer of 15+ years
By tab10 on 11/12/13 14:18 PM (PST)

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Until recently I had a MBZ C230 and E350. After 5+ years of owning my C230 I started having problems with it. I am not the kind of person who complains after owning a car for more than 5 years. This latest incident, though, with a newly leased 2013 E350 with bells and whistles has actually ended my relationship with Mercedes for good. I have already traded in my C230 for another car from another luxury car maker, I intend to trade in my E350 in due time. The 3 year lease on the E350 has more than 2 years left on it (so the incident described below happened with a car that is only ~10 months old).See below.See "suggested improvements" for incident

Not what I expected from MB
By oldcentrist on 10/23/13 16:18 PM (PDT)

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I leased a 2013 E350 sport sedan about 7 months ago. When I picked up the car the door had a scratch in it. Great, band new car, already repainted. TThen the car developed a pronounced rattle at idle. The dealer fixed it by adding felt tape along side the "fuel line". (!?) 6 months later I test drove a C300 and noticed it had less exhaust system noise/drone. I took the E350 in and they compared it to other E350 sedans and agreed my exhaust system was make an unusually loud droning noise. They contacted MB and were told that there were other complaints on this issue and that a "case" had been opened but there was no resolution yet. I was told to check back in 6 months!?

Balance shaft - MBZ does not stand behind
By mbzpain on 07/22/13 23:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great car, comfortable and great value. BUT be careful, as Mercedes does not stands behind their products. I have a MBZ E350, and at 63K, I got a check engine problem that required a balance shaft to be changed at the cost of $6K, because of a shaft that was not properly tempered. MBZ clearly built a product that was flawed, as about 20% of the cars that has the E350 engine had the problem. BUT they leaved us poor users to deal with it, and didn't stand behind their poor craftmaship product.

2013 E350 Harman Kardon weak bass
By jls10 on 06/14/13 20:38 PM (PDT)

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This 2013 is my fifth E class. I also have owned S class, CLK, C class, SLK. I traded a 2013 Equss with 10k miles for this new 2013 E because I missed the feeling of being connected to the road. . I have 6k miles on the E car. My big disappointment in the new E with Harman Kardon Pro Logic 7 is the radio. There is not enough low end.. bass. I noticed others complaining about lack of bass in E cars. This 2013 is my fifth E class. I also have owned S class, CLK, C class, SLK. I traded a 2013 Equss with 10k miles for this new 2013 E because I missed the feeling of being connected to the road. . I have 6k miles on the E car. My big disappointment in the new E with Harman Kardon

Great car...so far
By jck4u on 04/16/13 13:40 PM (PDT)

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My E350 coupe is a great car. Build is excellent, fun to drive, gorgeous exterior and interior. Have had numerous compliments from other drivers and I always look forward to driving the Benz. Overall mileage almost 22 mpg plus all the electronic gadgets you could want.

Overrated
By taylort on 03/21/13 09:04 AM (PDT)

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have read a lot of the reviews on the E35O and know a lot of people like this car but I think it is overrated because it has the Mercedes name plate. If the same car had a Ford or Chevy name plate on it I wonder if it with be rated so highly. I have a 2013 E-350 with Sports package. I have had some issues with the command console and the road noise is terrible. Mercedes say the level of road noise is normal. I guess since I have the sport package. It is too much noise for any car to have coming in the cabin. I have a 2001 BMW 530 with sports package and it is quieter than the E350. The technical issues with the command console, I plan to visit the dealer today.

2013 is a great car
By rvirk on 03/15/13 09:19 AM (PDT)

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I test car whole bunch of new cars for extended periods including Audi A6, Audi Q5, BMW 5 Series and even Jeep Cherokee. But I decided to buy Mercedes E350 Sport. Audi A6 was strong contender but went with E350. Car feels assured, is quieter inside the cabin than Audi or BMW. Not to mention that I got a gteat deal on it nearly 10K less than MSRP. The value for money, none other could beat.

Truly a great vehicle
By mjdaidola on 02/19/13 10:24 AM (PST)

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Prior to this car I owned 4 C-Classes (2006, 2008, 2009, 2011). Personally, I felt the C-Class was a good vehicle that came with a premium price tag because of the 3-point badges affixed to the hood and bumper. Unable to get my hands on a C-Class coupe w/ 4Matic I went with the 2013 E350 Sport 4-Matic (Black on Black, AMG Wheels, P2, and Pano-roof). What a suprise. There is a clear line drawn in the sand between the C-Class and the E/S Classes. First, the E-Class is crafted with overall superior materials and attention to detail. Second, this car is fast, much faster than my last C300. At almost 4000lbs this car is a beast (0-60 approx 5.6). Last, its roomey inside like a Lincoln Town Car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class in VA is:

$170 per month*