Used 2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

My 2013 Benz E350
By Martha Dieter

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great car!

Love my 2013 E350
By Mike Shanok

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Because I drive more than 35,000 miles a year on business and typically buy a 3-year old car and turn it in at 300,000 miles, durability, reliability, comfort and safety count much more than the cache of a luxury auto. My previous auto, a 2007 E350, was great, but the added technology in the 2013 model - better fuel economy more safety features and better storage - is a remarkable improvement.

Never again....back to Lexus
By dpendley3

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Once I hit 65,000 miles...

- Engine oil leak
- AC motor bad
- Motor Mounts collapsed
- 275.00 key

If this is luxury driving, I want out.
I will go back to Lexus, Acura, or Infinity.
This is a joke.
Now I know why they have free cappuccino at the dealer...because you will be there a lot!
Never will buy a Mercedes again!
Horrible car for the money.

Not worth the extra cost of owning a BluTech
By solarwinds

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport BlueTEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

I have owned 3 MB diesel sedans and they were great fast efficient low maintenance bullet proof especially the 1998 E300 a rocket and 29 mpg avg :)

Looking at the Diesel engine in the 97, 98 E300 puts a smile on your face...

MB with the help of the EPA has put the diesel line up in MB an expensive liability to dive not a cost effective Diesel that are durable 500K mile car... For starters you have to purchase BluTech fluid every oil change... at 7 gallons a pop MB charges 35.00 a gallon... Perhaps you could put any DEF from a chain store at 12 a gallon... Why the need for an expensive exhaust system how much will it cost to replace? On the EClass a Diesel comes with RFT because of the blue tank. So a guy who drives say 50 to 200 miles a day must rely on RFT and have no spare in order to make room for a Urea tank and the electronics associated with the entire system... S350 bluetech has a spare. Where are the saving in fuel if you have to spend 1200 for a set of tires and deal with exhaust additive... 2005, 2006 CDI were the bomb...

Mercedes, now: bad cars, bad service. Take it from a customer of 15+ years
By tab10

2013 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Until recently I had a MBZ C230 and E350. After 5+ years of owning my C230 I started having problems with it. I am not the kind of person who complains after owning a car for more than 5 years. This latest incident, though, with a newly leased 2013 E350 with bells and whistles has actually ended my relationship with Mercedes for good.
I have already traded in my C230 for another car from another luxury car maker, I intend to trade in my E350 in due time. The 3 year lease on the E350 has more than 2 years left on it (so the incident described below happened with a car that is only ~10 months old).See below.See "suggested improvements" for incident

My wife drove the car to her work and when she tried to start the car after her usual work day, it would not start; actually nothing electrical seemed to work. She was finally able to open the passenger side door, but there was no response from the car. From the dark parking she called the Mercedes Roadside Assistance 800 number. 3 hrs later someone showed up. There was a noise coming out of the engine when restarted. I towed the car next day to dealership. The found nothing. They changed the battery.We asked to trade in the car.after 10+ calls with no response, they agreed to $100 compensation.I was out $65 for towing and $35 for rental while they repaired the car. No more Mercedes for me.