Mercedes Misses the Mark - Very Poor Technology
By silvercab on
2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
I recently purchased new 2012, Blue Tooth system does not work. I get error messages covering the Nav Screen every day. MB Customer service told me I need to choose a compatible phone from the MB approved list (apparently something the dealer should have mentioned in advance). Initially, MB were very accommodating and said they would reimburse my out of pocket expense to get a "MB compatible" phone. I now have their phone and I still get the same error messages. MB customer service says, "there is nothing more we can do for you" and "many 2012 customers are experiencing the same problems." In addition, ParkTronic does not function properly and power seat broke twice.
Favorite Features
Exterior aesthetics look sharp, very nice ride.
Suggested Improvements
Having purchased several new Mercedes cars over the years, I'm sad to say that in terms of engineering and innovation, the E class vehicle is well below Mercedes top quality standards. Technology like BlueTooth, Power Seats and Backup Assist work flawlessly in cars costing three times less. Suggest MB get these things addressed before they fall woefully behind the competition. Readers should give a think about other cars in this class.