2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: They just keep making them bet

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

E350 Sport Sedan (3.5L V6 7-speed Automatic)

They just keep making them better
By poppy42 on

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded a 2008 E350 Sport for a 2012 E350 Sport primarily to get the more fuel efficient engine and an updated Command System.
The Command System is a huge improvement; but I have been somewhat disappointed in the fuel efficiency.
The EPA projected a 25% improvement (16/24 vs 20/30), but I have seen just a 10% improvement.
Mind you, 19/29 in normal driving is not to be laughed at, but not what I expected.
On a 1700 mile road trip which included several hundred miles of mountain driving, I did average 31.7 mpg.
I would say that this car is more comfortable than the 2008.
This is my fourth E Class and they just keep getting better.

I have now owned this car for 3 years and logged 32,000 miles. It is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. Normally after 3 years I would be looking for another car, but no matter what I drive, it just doesn't measure up to this car. I have maintained it "by the book", and the only surprise I have had is that I had to replace the motor mounts at 50,000 miles and this was covered by my CPO warranty. My favorite "creature features" are Keyless-Go and Bluetooth phone and audio. On my morning commute, I have to merge into heavy high speed traffic. This car has plenty of smooth power. I should change the title of this review to THE BEST.

• Outward visibility
  • Climate control
  • Entertainment
  • Bluetooth

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review