Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

They just keep making them better
By poppy42

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded a 2008 E350 Sport for a 2012 E350 Sport primarily to get the more fuel efficient engine and an updated Command System. The Command System is a huge improvement; but I have been somewhat disappointed in the fuel efficiency. The EPA projected a 25% improvement (16/24 vs 20/30), but I have seen just a 10% improvement. Mind you, 19/29 in normal driving is not to be laughed at, but not what I expected. On a 1700 mile road trip which included several hundred miles of mountain driving, I did average 31.7 mpg. I would say that this car is more comfortable than the 2008. This is my fourth E Class and they just keep getting better.

The Command System is light years ahead of the previous version. I love the voice command. Keyless Go is an option that I might not have chosen had I purchased the car new, but after using it for a little over a month I find it truly convenient.

The peddle "feel" on Mercedes brakes is a great mystery to me. Each Mercedes I have owned has had a slightly different feel than the previous, but none has the very positive feel of my wife's 2010 XC90 nor the BMWs I had owned. My best description is that Mercedes brakes are good but quirky.

Perfect
By connor111

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car is perfect. Exterior is nice, interior is extremely luxurious. Everything about this car is perfect.

Everything.

Nothing.

engine racket on start up
By mitchellrowe

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

best guess is intermittent defective oil pump . on half the start ups ( cold or hot ) , loud valve taps / rattle ... most likely due to oil lying in the oil pan . seems an odd explanation , as benz uses synthetic oil that sticks to moving parts ?

typical Benz

Benz gasoline engines , as long as i have owned them ( 45 years ) , have quirks .

my first luxury car
By sagrawal

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

this is my fifth car, but first luxury one. I test drove Audi, Lexux, Infinity and they all are good, but there was something special about Merc. Infinity exterior was little bland, Lexus looked just like my 9 year old camry (BTW I love Camry). Thanks a lot to Edmund, I did not have to negotiate a lot. Salesman did not believe what I was asking for and he checked the TMV at Edmund (I just substracted extra 3K, since Merc was running promotion).

Interior/exterior are beautifully finished. Love lane tracking and blind spot assist (already used couple of times in last few days of ownership). Keyless entry is cool, but not mandatory Lots of cool technology (will keep me busy for some time). Bluetooth worked flowlessly with my 2 years old Android phone (HTC Incredible).

Most of the dealers have entry level cars (P1) and very few higher end (with P2 package). Split folding seats should be standard. 115V outlet should be standard Liked central MMI, but it can be improved

Really like my E350 Sport
By lawcar

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Having previously leased Lexus GS and BMW 5 series cars, this was my first Mercedes. It is a sporty luxury car rather than a luxury sport car. It drives very good (although not as tight as other sportier cars, it still handles nicely). The cabin is beautiful. The control system is about the same as other similar cars, and does take getting used to. I haven't had problems on the car, and drive daily in city driving. Very happy with this car.

Styling Iboth exterior and interior) The drive. Audio control system.

Make seats all leather. Although the MB Tex is very durable, I just prefer actual leather, especially for the price.