Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Great luxury can that also handles well
By Nat

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

THos isn't a BMW Ultimate driving machine. Once you get past that and recognize that the M-B and BMW have different missions, each can be judged on its own merits.

I was once a BMW guy. 3 series, 5 series, all great drivers cars. The 5, an E39, was also a supremely comfortable car as well. But all that was a while ago, and I just want to be really comfortable, and in a car that handles well (I'm not going to track the car). Given that portfolio, the E350 does quite well. The engine is smooth and powerful. The transmission is very smooth and the steering, while not the most tactile (uh, neither is a 5 series' anymore), is competent. The car is quiet and rides well.

Lots of controls which could be daunting but I figured everything out by 2nd day I had the car. Surprisingly, I get better highway MPG than I do on my other car, a 2009 Honda Accord V6. navi has not sent me he wrong way yet, Bluetooth works well, and music register is a hoot. Back seat is very roomy. Gauges are clear and easy to read. MB-Tex is a convincing simulation. Audio system is good.

Cons? Seat bolster are fairly aggressive- but that's been my experience with 4 other German cars I've previously owned. Controls are generally firmer than on a Honda- but that's just a matter of getting used to things. As is the location of he cruise control stalk vs. the turn signal stalk.

Looking forward to 100,000 more miles.

First Mercedes after retirement.
By Joseph Peters

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Definitely check resale value before buying. Come prepared to negotiate. Managed to get a car valued at $41,000 retail for $32,000.

Like a Boss
By Brent

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The car oozes style. Nice trim, sleek interior...it's definitely a head turner. I love the fact that I can cruise at 85 and it feels like 65. Also, it has some power when you need it. Handling is nice and smooth and can turn on a dime. Sunroof adds a little sporty look to the classy feel.

*update*
Just a few cons
- The rear view doesn't auto adjust when memory is set.
- Temperature control via voice command. I had a 2007 Lexus IS350 and I could lower and raise the temperature settings via voice control. Not sure why this wasn't added.

They just keep making them better
By poppy42

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded a 2008 E350 Sport for a 2012 E350 Sport primarily to get the more fuel efficient engine and an updated Command System.
The Command System is a huge improvement; but I have been somewhat disappointed in the fuel efficiency.
The EPA projected a 25% improvement (16/24 vs 20/30), but I have seen just a 10% improvement.
Mind you, 19/29 in normal driving is not to be laughed at, but not what I expected.
On a 1700 mile road trip which included several hundred miles of mountain driving, I did average 31.7 mpg.
I would say that this car is more comfortable than the 2008.
This is my fourth E Class and they just keep getting better.

I have now owned this car for 3 years and logged 32,000 miles. It is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. Normally after 3 years I would be looking for another car, but no matter what I drive, it just doesn't measure up to this car. I have maintained it "by the book", and the only surprise I have had is that I had to replace the motor mounts at 50,000 miles and this was covered by my CPO warranty. My favorite "creature features" are Keyless-Go and Bluetooth phone and audio. On my morning commute, I have to merge into heavy high speed traffic. This car has plenty of smooth power. I should change the title of this review to THE BEST.

Perfect
By connor111

This car is perfect. Exterior is nice, interior is extremely luxurious. Everything about this car is perfect.

Everything.