Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Never thought I'd leave Lexus......
By LaMario Crawford

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport BlueTEC 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

Boy was I wrong. I had a 2010 Lexus GS 350 before trading it in for a 2012 BlueTEC. I still love Lexus and think the luxury features compared to German cars are unmatchable but I was taken aback by the Mercedes. This car handles much better than my old GS and took me by storm with the Panoramic roof, design, and other little features. The only negative is that the Lexus navigation, phone, radio, and voice command were easier to use makes the E Class look a little late on stepping their game up. But in all, I'm completely happy with the E-Class and it still turn more heads when I drive down the street :)

Favorite Features

Panoramic Roof, in dash controls, double memory seats.

Suggested Improvements

Navigation System, COMAND system, voice command

This Car Rocks!
By ftmbowner

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 2dr Convertible (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

It does not get any better than this car. It turns heads, it rides like a dream and handles like it is on rails. It is a great fun car. All the fears about the cost of maintenance that scared me away from MB for years have been put to rest wth being able to purchase maintenance packages. HWY MPG is between 28-32 depending on how far you put your foot in it or how much traffic is on the road. City MPG is 23-25 which is the same as my Honda Accord.

Favorite Features

The top, Heated seats and headrests, A/C seats, Attention assist, on and on. No feature I dislike.

Suggested Improvements

Provide Navigation updates at no cost.

They just keep making them better
By poppy42

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded a 2008 E350 Sport for a 2012 E350 Sport primarily to get the more fuel efficient engine and an updated Command System. The Command System is a huge improvement; but I have been somewhat disappointed in the fuel efficiency. The EPA projected a 25% improvement (16/24 vs 20/30), but I have seen just a 10% improvement. Mind you, 19/29 in normal driving is not to be laughed at, but not what I expected. On a 1700 mile road trip which included several hundred miles of mountain driving, I did average 31.7 mpg. I would say that this car is more comfortable than the 2008. This is my fourth E Class and they just keep getting better.

Favorite Features

The Command System is light years ahead of the previous version. I love the voice command. Keyless Go is an option that I might not have chosen had I purchased the car new, but after using it for a little over a month I find it truly convenient.

Suggested Improvements

The peddle "feel" on Mercedes brakes is a great mystery to me. Each Mercedes I have owned has had a slightly different feel than the previous, but none has the very positive feel of my wife's 2010 XC90 nor the BMWs I had owned. My best description is that Mercedes brakes are good but quirky.

Rebuilt engin at 10,000 miles
By bdiv

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Until April of 2013, I thought this was one of the best MB models I have ever owned. That was until the dealer informed me about a new service bulletin when I brought the car in for the 10,000 mile service. Short story is that a bad lot of wrist pins installed in the engine will need replacement. So, three weeks later I had the car back with a rebuilt engine! They replaced the pistons, connecting rods and wrist pins along with every other engine gasket, seal and screw!

Perfect
By connor111

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car is perfect. Exterior is nice, interior is extremely luxurious. Everything about this car is perfect.

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing.