2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
They just keep making them better
By poppy42 on 06/16/13 10:02 AM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded a 2008 E350 Sport for a 2012 E350 Sport primarily to get the more fuel efficient engine and an updated Command System. The Command System is a huge improvement; but I have been somewhat disappointed in the fuel efficiency. The EPA projected a 25% improvement (16/24 vs 20/30), but I have seen just a 10% improvement. Mind you, 19/29 in normal driving is not to be laughed at, but not what I expected. On a 1700 mile road trip which included several hundred miles of mountain driving, I did average 31.7 mpg. I would say that this car is more comfortable than the 2008. This is my fourth E Class and they just keep getting better.

Rebuilt engin at 10,000 miles
By bdiv on 06/13/13 16:51 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Until April of 2013, I thought this was one of the best MB models I have ever owned. That was until the dealer informed me about a new service bulletin when I brought the car in for the 10,000 mile service. Short story is that a bad lot of wrist pins installed in the engine will need replacement. So, three weeks later I had the car back with a rebuilt engine! They replaced the pistons, connecting rods and wrist pins along with every other engine gasket, seal and screw!

Perfect
By connor111 on 03/31/13 16:08 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car is perfect. Exterior is nice, interior is extremely luxurious. Everything about this car is perfect.

engine racket on start up
By mitchellrowe on 12/05/12 05:29 AM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

best guess is intermittent defective oil pump . on half the start ups ( cold or hot ) , loud valve taps / rattle ... most likely due to oil lying in the oil pan . seems an odd explanation , as benz uses synthetic oil that sticks to moving parts ?

my first luxury car
By sagrawal on 06/01/12 22:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

this is my fifth car, but first luxury one. I test drove Audi, Lexux, Infinity and they all are good, but there was something special about Merc. Infinity exterior was little bland, Lexus looked just like my 9 year old camry (BTW I love Camry). Thanks a lot to Edmund, I did not have to negotiate a lot. Salesman did not believe what I was asking for and he checked the TMV at Edmund (I just substracted extra 3K, since Merc was running promotion).

Really like my E350 Sport
By lawcar on 03/29/12 09:02 AM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Having previously leased Lexus GS and BMW 5 series cars, this was my first Mercedes. It is a sporty luxury car rather than a luxury sport car. It drives very good (although not as tight as other sportier cars, it still handles nicely). The cabin is beautiful. The control system is about the same as other similar cars, and does take getting used to. I haven't had problems on the car, and drive daily in city driving. Very happy with this car.

I got a Lemon Mercedes
By mercedes16 on 03/26/12 14:02 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my mercedes car No 5. Leased on 2-27-12. Ondrive home from dealership open hood signal was on It took some effort by 3 people to shut hood. next week A/C was not working, took it to dealership they fixed it. Some leaky valve I was told. on 3-21-12 dead battery.Car was towed to dealership on 3-22-12 new battery installed. Car is still at dealership we are trying to work with them. Road side service is overloaded with calls asking to call back unless it is an emergency. Looks like Lots of lemons on road. One review on cars.com is very alarming.

2012 E3504Matic
By elta00 on 03/02/12 18:22 PM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have my MB since Dec 2011, so far is ok, somebody ask me if my MB was diesel??? I noticed that the engine is a bit noisy (tapping) I went to dealer and they said that is ok...At the beginning got confused a couple times with the turn signals I was turning the cruise control On. Star push button is only offer at #2 package, wife has a real cheap car that it has a push button I did trade my 2009 BMW 335i convertible for this one and the Tech package on the BMW give more gadgets for the money

Mercedes Misses the Mark - Very Poor Technology
By silvercab on 02/19/12 13:07 PM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I recently purchased new 2012, Blue Tooth system does not work. I get error messages covering the Nav Screen every day. MB Customer service told me I need to choose a compatible phone from the MB approved list (apparently something the dealer should have mentioned in advance). Initially, MB were very accommodating and said they would reimburse my out of pocket expense to get a "MB compatible" phone. I now have their phone and I still get the same error messages. MB customer service says, "there is nothing more we can do for you" and "many 2012 customers are experiencing the same problems." In addition, ParkTronic does not function properly and power seat broke twice.

Unbelievable car! MB E350 Coupe P2 ++
By oceandigger33 on 01/02/12 17:56 PM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have done a little over 1,000 miles and I've had the car for a little over a month! This car has exceeded all expectations! They have thought of everything and the quality is outstanding! And this, from a current owner of a VW Phaeton and A BMW 740iL, which I love both) and past owner of Audis including a TT. The E350 Coupe is simply outstanding!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class in VA is:

$172 per month*