Used 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Most Helpful|
Rebuilt engin at 10,000 miles
By bdiv

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Until April of 2013, I thought this was one of the best MB models I have ever owned. That was until the dealer informed me about a new service bulletin when I brought the car in for the 10,000 mile service. Short story is that a bad lot of wrist pins installed in the engine will need replacement. So, three weeks later I had the car back with a rebuilt engine! They replaced the pistons, connecting rods and wrist pins along with every other engine gasket, seal and screw!

my first luxury car
By sagrawal

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

this is my fifth car, but first luxury one. I test drove Audi, Lexux, Infinity and they all are good, but there was something special about Merc. Infinity exterior was little bland, Lexus looked just like my 9 year old camry (BTW I love Camry). Thanks a lot to Edmund, I did not have to negotiate a lot. Salesman did not believe what I was asking for and he checked the TMV at Edmund (I just substracted extra 3K, since Merc was running promotion).

Favorite Features

Interior/exterior are beautifully finished. Love lane tracking and blind spot assist (already used couple of times in last few days of ownership). Keyless entry is cool, but not mandatory Lots of cool technology (will keep me busy for some time). Bluetooth worked flowlessly with my 2 years old Android phone (HTC Incredible).

Suggested Improvements

Most of the dealers have entry level cars (P1) and very few higher end (with P2 package). Split folding seats should be standard. 115V outlet should be standard Liked central MMI, but it can be improved

I got a Lemon Mercedes
By mercedes16

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Luxury 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my mercedes car No 5. Leased on 2-27-12. Ondrive home from dealership open hood signal was on It took some effort by 3 people to shut hood. next week A/C was not working, took it to dealership they fixed it. Some leaky valve I was told. on 3-21-12 dead battery.Car was towed to dealership on 3-22-12 new battery installed. Car is still at dealership we are trying to work with them. Road side service is overloaded with calls asking to call back unless it is an emergency. Looks like Lots of lemons on road. One review on cars.com is very alarming.

Favorite Features

Always love Mercedes This one has some serious Problems

Suggested Improvements

If you have high call volume for Road side assist, hire more people to answer phone and take care of customers.Nobody calling roadside assist without an emergency.

engine racket on start up
By mitchellrowe

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

best guess is intermittent defective oil pump . on half the start ups ( cold or hot ) , loud valve taps / rattle ... most likely due to oil lying in the oil pan . seems an odd explanation , as benz uses synthetic oil that sticks to moving parts ?

Favorite Features

typical Benz

Suggested Improvements

Benz gasoline engines , as long as i have owned them ( 45 years ) , have quirks .

Mercedes Misses the Mark - Very Poor Technology
By silvercab

2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I recently purchased new 2012, Blue Tooth system does not work. I get error messages covering the Nav Screen every day. MB Customer service told me I need to choose a compatible phone from the MB approved list (apparently something the dealer should have mentioned in advance). Initially, MB were very accommodating and said they would reimburse my out of pocket expense to get a "MB compatible" phone. I now have their phone and I still get the same error messages. MB customer service says, "there is nothing more we can do for you" and "many 2012 customers are experiencing the same problems." In addition, ParkTronic does not function properly and power seat broke twice.

Favorite Features

Exterior aesthetics look sharp, very nice ride.

Suggested Improvements

Having purchased several new Mercedes cars over the years, I'm sad to say that in terms of engineering and innovation, the E class vehicle is well below Mercedes top quality standards. Technology like BlueTooth, Power Seats and Backup Assist work flawlessly in cars costing three times less. Suggest MB get these things addressed before they fall woefully behind the competition. Readers should give a think about other cars in this class.