2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class 3.5L V6 7-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 6th Mercedes - Very Impressed

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

6th Mercedes - Very Impressed
By jmmushkin on

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my 6th Benz since '88, and my 4th convertible. It is a major step up from the 2 CLK's I owned (03 and 05), and it is, naturally, much more car than the 07 SLK I traded in for this one. The quality of all the interior materials and finishes is excellent, the top works smoothly and quickly, and when closed it rides extremely quietly for a soft-top. The navigation system is vastly improved over the horrible SLK system I endured for 3+ years (which was an insult at over $2K), and, surprise!, the Germans have figured out cup-holders finally! But seriously, it is a solid, extremely well built car.

Favorite Features

The new system for reducing air-flow while the top is open is ingenious. Also, the trunk space is a quite surprisingly ample for a convertible. Overall, the feel of the car is very comforting -- solid but nimble, powerful but smooth, etc.

Suggested Improvements

The navigation system's maps should show street names more prominently. Sometimes it just looks like a generic map because without street or road signs, it's hard to tell where one is.