Nearly perfect convertible
By live1x on
2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)
MB has produced an exceptional car with the near perfect ingredients of sport, luxury, comfort, convenience, and versatility. I have admittedly drank the cool aide on top down motoring. This is my sixth convertible (1964 Corvair Monza Spyder, 1966 Corvair Corsa, 1978 Fiat 124 Spider, 2001 SLK350, 2006 SC430). My assessment is based on those and other driving experiences (I've driven many other great convertibles: Mustangs, Corvettes, Porsches, BMWs, Audis). I have less than 10k miles on the car and yet I find myself inordinately happier with each passing mile (a first for someone who is considered a total car [violative content deleted], buying more than 30 new car over the last 25 years, yes my wife is encouraging me to get therapy).
Favorite Features
In rank order: Quietness afforded by the seven-layer top, Aircap (create one-of-a-kind driving experience), Multicontour front seats, Distronic, Exhaust sound, Airscarf (keeps my top down in cold weather), Stereo (sound quality, traffic updates, hands free integration), upgraded wheel package
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage (my other car is a Prius, go figure), no heated steering wheel, cost of options, rear quarter panel styling w/top up, rear visability with headrests in up position, IPOD sync not the best, who uses memory card slots anymore?