Just Had To Get It!
By abacomike on
2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)
Traded my 2010 E350 in for a 2011, in black. Couldn't resist the 2000 loyalty cash, 3 years free Mbrace services including stolen vehicle recovery assistance, plus 1.9 % financing for 66 months. This 2011 has the LED daytime running lights, and the vehicle is much quieter than my 2010 was. Ride is also smoother, at least it seems that way. No problems with the 2010, and no problems with the 2011. I felt that the shifting was a bit buffeting, but when I told the service manager, he said that would go away after a few days when the computer gets used to the way I drive. Well, he was right - unbelievable. Still the best car on the road for the money.
Favorite Features
Harman Karman 640 watt audio system with HD radio/satellite radio/14 speakers - best sound system I've ever heard in a car; NAV system is terrific, especially with NAV Traffic from Sirius; electronic transmission is excellent with 7 speeds; bluetooth is the best I've experienced in an automobile; back-up camera a must and works like a gem; ride and handling are superior to the BMW's I've had; great acceleration with the 7 speed transmission; Mbrace is great to assist with opening doors and car locate system.
Suggested Improvements
Leather should be standard, not optional, but I've said that for years and they just don't listen - but the MBtex vinyl feels and looks like leather - and wears and cleans up much better. Other than that that, the car is a dream to drive. I have had no problems with the Benz's I've owned over the years. I don't have wind noise either. This car as Continental tires on it and they are much quieter than the Pirelli's or Michelin's I've had on the other E350's I've owned.
By al539
on 04/22/11 10:43 AM (PDT)

I have the same car and have driven for about 2000 miles. Shifting is a major probblem and it is not going away. MBZ technician worked on this four times and still the shifting is bad and specially up hill. I wonder how long I will have to wait????