2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Initial problems resolved - awesome vehicle
By hezman on 06/19/12 09:25 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is the 2011 E-Class sedan with the sport package in obsidian black with grey interior. After some initial problems with the airmatic suspension (replaced rear air springs) and rattles in the rear of the vehicle (replaced seat belt rollers and roller blind system), the vehicle is now unbeatable in style, comfort and performance.

Highly impressed after 12,000 miles
By evan_s on 06/08/12 22:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned the E350 sedan for a year and a half and alternate it between a 2009 S550 and a 2007 BMW 530i. I live in Costa Rica where the roads consist of endless pot holes and hap-hazard patches with undulating curves and steep inclines. The E350 has proven to be a very capable car and is the one I choose for the twisty mountain roads. It is not outright sporty, but extremely agile and confident on the curves and absorbs the rough surfaces without completely isolating the driver, no simple feat considering the coil suspension. The engine and transmission make short work of passing and climbing steep hills and the brakes don't exhibit fade on long downhill treks. Overall, highly impressed.

Beautiful Design; Initial Problems Resolved
By enthusiast897 on 08/28/11 17:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this car because of its truly beautiful lines. The car is a typical Mercedes---solid, airtight, good fit and finish. My car had some initial issues with rough shifting and Mercedes was able to correct the problem to my satisfaction. Overall, I think Mercedes builds solid, well designed cars and this model is a respectable entrant in the mid-size luxury sedan category.

Great Car
By george166 on 08/05/11 13:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned three Mercedes E Class cars since 2000. Subtle cut backs on quality, trying to keep the cost down, did not distract from the overall performance. The ride, handling and performance are still first class, making the car a good value for the money.

Nice Car
By conroebird on 06/23/11 16:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Have had two Lexus ES350 and one RX350. All were nice, but the RX wasn't the good quality as expected, and was boring. My wife loved the RX, so it took some prodding to change. So far we have 900 mi on the MB E350 and it is much more fun to drive with good quality. Will likely miss the Lexus free maintenance, but this car seems worth it. Very quiet, great music system, nav, etc. The panorama sunroof sold my wife, but it uses a screen to keep out sunlight instead of a solid cover. So in Texas the screen allows some heat through. Keep that in mind. A/C is extremely cold though, so no worries. The Command interface works well for me. Transmission lever is cool but different.

Brand New E-350 MB- DON'T Do IT!
By notafane350 on 04/27/11 04:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought a brand new 4Matic E-350 Benz in JAN 2011. The car needs a transmission. I have been fighting with MB USA to just give me an even trade. I now see I paid TOO MUCH for it because they want me to take a $16K negitive equity. I'm very dissapointed in the customer service that I have received. I would never recommend anyone purchase an E calss or any other car from MB in Alex, VA. I needed a car with all wheel drive so I traded in my 2002 S-class for the 2011 E-class; BIG mistake. I went back the next day to get my car and they sold it. What does that say? All I want to remedy the situation is a fair trade in. They have offered to pay my notes for 2 months! NOT HAPPY.

Just Had To Get It!
By abacomike on 12/16/10 15:10 PM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Traded my 2010 E350 in for a 2011, in black. Couldn't resist the 2000 loyalty cash, 3 years free Mbrace services including stolen vehicle recovery assistance, plus 1.9 % financing for 66 months. This 2011 has the LED daytime running lights, and the vehicle is much quieter than my 2010 was. Ride is also smoother, at least it seems that way. No problems with the 2010, and no problems with the 2011. I felt that the shifting was a bit buffeting, but when I told the service manager, he said that would go away after a few days when the computer gets used to the way I drive. Well, he was right - unbelievable. Still the best car on the road for the money.

They Keep Getting Better and Better....
By abacomike on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Traded in my 2010 E350 Sport for a 2011 E350 Sport, new one is black with almond/black interior, fold down rear seats, premium 1 pkg and tire/wheel pkg. Rides as good as the 2010. Nice improvement with LED daytime running lights. Navigation outstanding w/voice command system. Ride and handling is superb. This one is quieter on the road due to Continental Tires vs. Pirelli Tires on my 2010. Build quality is astounding. Fit and finish are great. Paint is flawless, rare in a black car. Addition of one button for front and rear fog lights, big improvement. Fuel economy is about the same as I experienced with the 2010. Got car because of a great deal, didn't need it, but what a DEAL!

The new E Class has it all
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Great beauty from the get go. The overall looks are amazing. No one can say that it's just another mid sized car! It definitely has its personality. Drive is fun but you must learn to use the paddle shifters to gain optimal performance, don't expect it out of the box. Overall the drive is smooth, but a few strange sounds have come in the past couple of months when I have backed it out of my drive way making me thank God that I still have warranty.

Initial New Review
By Mark on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Beautiful car; handles well. I have the "radar" package (Distronic) and it is worth every penny. Quality build. I would hope to write a review in a year to see if I am still as satisfied as I am now.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan in VA is:

$147 per month*