2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Nearly perfect convertible
By live1x on 05/26/11 13:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible E550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

MB has produced an exceptional car with the near perfect ingredients of sport, luxury, comfort, convenience, and versatility. I have admittedly drank the cool aide on top down motoring. This is my sixth convertible (1964 Corvair Monza Spyder, 1966 Corvair Corsa, 1978 Fiat 124 Spider, 2001 SLK350, 2006 SC430). My assessment is based on those and other driving experiences (I've driven many other great convertibles: Mustangs, Corvettes, Porsches, BMWs, Audis). I have less than 10k miles on the car and yet I find myself inordinately happier with each passing mile (a first for someone who is considered a total car [violative content deleted], buying more than 30 new car over the last 25 years, yes my wife is encouraging me to get therapy).

Awesome Ride
By mikespike on 03/14/11 12:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

By far the most comprehensive car I have ever owned. Love the engineering in the car. Large enough to fit my family of four and luggage as well with top down. Very impressed with the interior style and electronics are state of the art.

6th Mercedes - Very Impressed
By jmmushkin on 01/31/11 08:18 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my 6th Benz since '88, and my 4th convertible. It is a major step up from the 2 CLK's I owned (03 and 05), and it is, naturally, much more car than the 07 SLK I traded in for this one. The quality of all the interior materials and finishes is excellent, the top works smoothly and quickly, and when closed it rides extremely quietly for a soft-top. The navigation system is vastly improved over the horrible SLK system I endured for 3+ years (which was an insult at over $2K), and, surprise!, the Germans have figured out cup-holders finally! But seriously, it is a solid, extremely well built car.

Disappointed. Wish I hadn't bought it.
By Disappointed! on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Check engine light came on after 20 miles. Struts had to be replaced after 3,000 miles. Suspension still a problem. Navigation system is a disaster. Seat controls not working properly. After 6 months and 3,000 miles, I am considering getting a new car. I wish I had not bought this car!

Nice but could use some refinements
By Jack on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

We picked up this little jewel in June and, to date, have already clocked on 10K. The wife complains about getting in and out of the vehicle but I think it is just right. The car corners and brakes excellent but somewhat sluggish in Comfort Drive or whatever you call it. Should of opted to the V8 version. The interior is well designed and easy to maintain. The body style and appeal is a killer, a real head turner on the road. We are surprised with the lack of road noise especially being a convertible. Great sound system.

Best car ever, and I've had many:
By Schnooky Glick on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have had many convertibles and sports cars in my 67 years - and this is the best yet. Wonderful ride, plenty more acceleration that I really need, and with the top up or down, it feels as if everyone else is looking my way. Especially when the drivers pull along side on I-95, and fall in behind me.

E550A Cabriolet
By MIKEMNH on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible E550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

Traded 2009 Porsche 911 Cab PDK on this. 911 great but rough ride and hard egress/exit. Mercedes is a great all around car. If you really aren't ever going on a track, this is the perfect car. Very torquey V8, brisk in normal or sport mode. Tip-in and shifting very aggressive in sport mode. A quality car with great electronics. I have 1400 songs on 1 8.5 Gig DVD, Player will take 5 more!! Transmission is not as good as Porsche PDK, but way more than you need for aggressive road driving. Exhaust note is a pleasure. I think Mercedes gets it, and I'm glad I got it!

Red E350 Cabriolet = Maximun FUN
By schnooky on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've only owned the car the past four days, and WOW, it is really FUN . Having owned many previous convertibles i.e. Valiant, Eldorado, Saab, MB SL-230; this one is the best. It is very smooth, even with the Sport Suspension and 18 inch low profile tires. I have been driving an 09 CLK 350 convertible lately, and this is so superior it is ridicules. Also my recent favorite has been my cousins 09 E-Bluetech, which is also so smooth, but the E350 cabriolet is even better.

Wow
By Billy G on 07/12/10 15:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible E350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

New E350 Cabriolet 5 Jul. Have been on short trip of 230 mi. Car rides as smooth as 2010 E350 Sport Sedan; maybe because of different suspension. To early to rate mpg but seems to be above rating - I have replaced air filters w/K&N air filters - made big difference on sedan. So far car is solid for a convertible (more so than previous 09 CLK; trunk above adequate w/top down. Performance typical of 350 series. Only negative comment, when p/u'd car the Sirius component of radio not working. Have to order a new module. Isn't this something that should have been caught @ inspection. Had some QC issues on 10 E350 Sedan. Overall, terrific so far.

Automotive bliss.
By Jim Fischer on 07/01/10 16:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible E550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

After owning an 2003 E500 since new, what a pleasure it is to have no problems to report. This E550 cabriolet is everything we hoped it would be and more. The sport setting is awesome for the extra rpm between shifts that really let you feel the power. A pleasantly tuned exhaust sounds just right with the top down. We chose the premium leather and multi-contour seats for comfort. Most of all, my wife fell in love at first sight, so we are both happy. Highly recommend this car and the V8 is worth every penny. J.F.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible in VA is:

$146 per month*