Used 2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mercedes-benz E-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Initial problems resolved - awesome vehicle
By hezman

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is the 2011 E-Class sedan with the sport package in obsidian black with grey interior. After some initial problems with the airmatic suspension (replaced rear air springs) and rattles in the rear of the vehicle (replaced seat belt rollers and roller blind system), the vehicle is now unbeatable in style, comfort and performance.

Favorite Features

Road "presence"; performance; head-turner; driveability in all conditions; quality of fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

AMG wheels prone to damage from road hazards due to soft alloy used; front seat (side) air conditioner louvers are silver colored and can reflect sunlight obscuring ability to see out of the side view mirrors.

Beautiful Design; Initial Problems Resolved
By enthusiast897

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this car because of its truly beautiful lines. The car is a typical Mercedes---solid, airtight, good fit and finish. My car had some initial issues with rough shifting and Mercedes was able to correct the problem to my satisfaction. Overall, I think Mercedes builds solid, well designed cars and this model is a respectable entrant in the mid-size luxury sedan category.

Wonderful Car
By Steve

2011 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

My 4th Mercedes. I love it. Made the mistake of trading my '08 in on a 2011 BMW 535i. It was a dog! Traded back to 2011 Mercedes E550 Sport. No comparison. E550 more luxurious, just as sporty, better styling, much more comfortable, motor is much smoother, and transmission shifts much much smoother.

Favorite Features

Smooth V8 with lost of low end torque. Silky smooth shifting transmission. Great styling. Dynamic driver's seat. Comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Make Parktronic (at least front and rear proximity sensors) standard.